Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Site Access Denied - By Cybersense Guard, IP access works
omega
post Apr 23 2006, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,825

Hi all,

I recently started working for a great company, however this is the only website that i can't access and it really annoys me. I've just been sitting through 40 index pages catching up!

I can access the website by putting in the ip address instead of the dns, but this only allows me to go one page at a time, which is really annoying and on certain pages it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone suggest what I can do to browse by IP only?

I tryed putting it into my host file, so that the computer only ever sends the IP address request, but that does not seem to help. Websites like the-cloak.com are obviously blocked as well, is there any way to access a mirrored version of the website or is there an alias for this dns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i would like to be back active in the community.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dz
post Apr 23 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #2

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

Why is the site denied? What's the reasoning?

+Quote Post
iamasmith
post Apr 23 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,928

QUOTE(omega @ Apr 23 2006, 12:52 PM)
Hi all,

I recently started working for a great company, however this is the only website that i can't access and it really annoys me. I've just been sitting through 40 index pages catching up!

I can access the website by putting in the ip address instead of the dns, but this only allows me to go one page at a time, which is really annoying and on certain pages it doesn't seem to help. Can anyone suggest what I can do to browse by IP only?

I tryed putting it into my host file, so that the computer only ever sends the IP address request, but that does not seem to help.  Websites like the-cloak.com are obviously blocked as well, is there any way to access a mirrored version of the website or is there an alias for this dns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i would like to be back active in the community.

I really would go and knock on the door of the team responsible for this before they come knocking on your door.

They are almost certainly logging all those browse attempts and passing the details onto your boss or HR.

-Andy

+Quote Post
omega
post Jun 25 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,825

Hi iamsmith, i thank you for your warning. I am pretty much one of the three guys involved in IT stuff (technically i'm a control systems engineer, but I am involved in IT when needed).

My internet admins are based in America, whereas I am in Ireland. I'm not bothered if they come a knocking, as I have racked up dozens of those denied requests already for legit stuff. They seem to ban almost everything, including free software sites, etc.

I use offline explorer pro to download a few websites everyday so I can read them at home, instead of at work - I take this as a perk, as I'm so busy during the day I haven't got a moment... I would like to add oesf to this list...

Any ideas? It's been April 23rd since I last saw this site, and the new posts index are 56 pages long!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 09:29 AM