OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Small Fonts When Run From Command Line, anyone know why?
rob_figlabs
post Oct 4 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,168

If I run my QPE application from the command line it works, but the fonts are tiny - barely readable. If I run it via the launcher it comes up fine. In fact if I run any QPE application it comes up with small fonts.

I need to run from the command line - anyone know what I can do to pick up the proper application look?

(running on SL-C3000)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Oct 11 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

for me, when I launch from the console as zaurus user, the fonts and resolution is big, but if I launch as the root user, the font and resolution becomes tiny. if I set the LANG environment variable under the root user, then the font and resolution becomes big just like for the zaurus user.

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Oct 11 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,027

QUOTE(rob_figlabs @ Oct 5 2005, 02:38 AM)
If I run my QPE application from the command line it works, but the fonts are tiny - barely readable. If I run it via the launcher it comes up fine. In fact if I run any QPE application it comes up with small fonts.

I need to run from the command line - anyone know what I can do to pick up the proper application look?

(running on SL-C3000)

I observe the same behaviour here. Would also be interested in the reason and maybe a workaround.

daniel

+Quote Post
rob_figlabs
post Oct 12 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,168

QUOTE(Meanie @ Oct 12 2005, 07:36 AM)
if I set the LANG environment variable under the root user, then the font and resolution becomes big just like for the zaurus user.

Aha! You superstar - that seems to be it. My script is run as root, and I was sudo'ing to zaurus to run the GUI, but for some reason the LANG variable musn't always be set - seems intermittent.
Cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:20 PM