3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blaze Psp On Tv
Fushnchupsh
post Jul 15 2006, 05:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,282

Well, I was surfing the net at work and I came across this Blaze PSP on TV adapter it essentially uses a high quality camera to take a continuous feed of the psp screen. Unlike the other psp to tv adapters, it requires no hacking. I know that the zaurus and psp have similar batteries and all that this hooks into is the battery plug and the rca plug... Do you think with a little hacking around this could work with the Z? I've always wanted to use my zaurus with a monitor... and a tv screen would be the next best thing.

Ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom61
post Jul 18 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,002

I think the optics may be setup wrong for the Z, as the PSP has a 16:9 screen, but the the Z has 4:3.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Jul 19 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,806

true but as long as the Z's screen is smaller it shourd display somthing. if it puts black bars at the top and the bottom to display 16:9 on a 4:3 sscreen you will be fine hawever if it just chucks 16:9 at a screen then you will get some distorsion

if you can get some pics i will have a quick look however instintinct tells me it sould work if the screen is the right size

+Quote Post
Antikx
post Jan 18 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,127

Has anyone tried one of these with their Zaurus yet?

+Quote Post
Ling
post Jan 18 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,563

Looks cool. Unfortunately Lik-Sang went out of business, so you will probably have to look for a used on. The are a couple of the PSPonTV's up on eBay (PAL) for around $36. Not bad. I am going to keep an eye out for one of these. I bought a number of items from Lik-Sang. Great company, but constantly treading the hairy edge of IP and Copyright. Looks like this place has them for $60:

http://www.superufo.com/review_html/Review..._adapters_.html

I would probably be willing to give it a shot unless someone sees something that definitely won't work. Confidence is not high on getting my Colorgraphic to work to the point that I can hook up on the road and do work. If you want a test pilot, I will pick one up after the 1st of the month.

+Quote Post
Ling
post Jan 18 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Then for another $80, you could convert the TV signal to VGA. ohmy.gif Would probably look *great* blink.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jan 18 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Ling @ Jan 19 2007, 12:59 PM)
Would probably look *great*  blink.gif

and also look BIG smile.gif

I'll probably get one next time I go to Hong Kong...

+Quote Post
Ling
post Jan 20 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Looking on eBay, there are used Nyko Play on TV devices for $19 with reasonable shipping. For me, ends up being about $27 deliver in US, DC area. I imagine that all of these devices will function the same, just different features. May be better to experiment with a cheaper one, particularly if we may want to perform some *modifications* on the device. biggrin.gif BTW these are BIN auctions and I am not affiliated with nor have I ever purchased from the seller.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 20 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #9

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Fushnchupsh @ Jul 15 2006, 02:40 PM)
with the Z?  I've always wanted to use my zaurus with a monitor... and a tv screen would be the next best thing.

thinking out loud, why don't some of these high-end multimedia TVs have a VNC viewer or rdesktop client built in, so that they can allow you to have the full PC experience using just a thin client? Hmm, I wonder if a vnc client for xbox or xbox360 would solve this problem.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Jan 24 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,806

because it wouldnt be considered "simple"

however if you hooked it up with avhai or zero conf then it wouldnt be too hard to have a list that you could navigate of all the devices that advertise "vnc", i know my home PC adveritses some services (sftp for one, than you fedora for having that set up by default)

anyway i think a TV should just be a display adaptor, move the smarts into somthing that can be upgraded independitnly

actually an xbox with xbmc is one of the best media devices i have seen, add in an x server and a bash script and somthing like this could be whipped up in about 30 lines of code. actually this sounds like the "bulldog" secure pc idea

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 24 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #11

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Jan 24 2007, 09:47 AM)
actually an xbox with xbmc is one of the best media devices i have seen, add in an x server and a bash script and somthing like this could be whipped up in about 30 lines of code. actually this sounds like the "bulldog" secure pc idea

xmbc? I love it... just upgraded to the latest version - 2.0.1. it does run a web server which is quite effective for remote control. If only the xbox had USB2 and you could attach a dvb-t adaptor, it would be magic!

+Quote Post
Ling
post Feb 23 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Ling @ Jan 20 2007, 11:18 AM)
Looking on eBay, there are used Nyko Play on TV devices for $19 with reasonable shipping. For me, ends up being about $27 deliver in US, DC area. I imagine that all of these devices will function the same, just different features. May be better to experiment with a cheaper one, particularly if we may want to perform some *modifications* on the device.  biggrin.gif BTW these are BIN auctions and I am not affiliated with nor have I ever purchased from the seller.

Well, got one. Some surgery required. I got a pretty good deal. For the $19 I got the Play on TV and a PSP accessory kit with a lot of PSP stuff. I am going to have to take the hacksaw or something to the Play on TV in order to get it to fit well on the Z. I will share my results once I have the mod complete.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Feb 23 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 10,575

I eagerly await the results!

+Quote Post
Antikx
post Feb 23 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #14

*chomping on bit*

+Quote Post
Antikx
post Mar 5 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #15

I'm dieing here, Ling! smile.gif
What's the scoop?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:56 AM