OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zaurus Gui Wrapper For Gpsbabel, Can anyone put one together?
ensign
post Jun 15 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,432

Just found an ipk for gpsbabel and I have to say it is best thing on the zaurus platform for transferring waypoint/route/track data to/from many handheld gps devices. I am currently using a garmin geko 201 with qpegps for "street navigation (of sorts)" and command-line gpsbabel for data transfer over /dev/ttyS0.

Although I am happy using gpsbabel command-line interface, it will be excellent if we could get some sort of gui interface to gpsbabel. It has 100s of options and modes. Maybe something using ruby/ruby-qte or even bash/opie-sh will be nice. Any takers?

I have a C860 running Cacko 1.22.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
svwzug
post May 24 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,958

QUOTE(ensign @ Jun 15 2005, 06:56 AM)
Just found an ipk for gpsbabel and I have to say it is best thing on the zaurus platform for transferring waypoint/route/track data to/from many handheld gps devices. I am currently using a garmin geko 201 with qpegps for "street navigation (of sorts)" and command-line gpsbabel for data transfer over /dev/ttyS0.

Although I am happy using gpsbabel command-line interface, it will be excellent if we could get some sort of gui interface to gpsbabel. It has 100s of options and modes. Maybe something using ruby/ruby-qte or even bash/opie-sh will be nice. Any takers?

I have a C860 running Cacko 1.22.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
svwzug
post May 24 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,958

Have you found a way to turn the sl-6000 into a nav device? I am interested in using my as an attachment to the dash for in-car use and #1 search now is for a suitable navigation application. I am not technical but have access to someone who can help with that part.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 09:17 PM