Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Download Drivers And Desktop?, ebay buy without software
MP2100
post Jul 27 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,543

Hi,

I see the USB drivers at zaurususergroup.org, and downloaded that. But I get errors when I try to download the CD files, desktop and synchronize stuff.

Specifically, I just got a beautiful C860 off ebay, I'm graduating from a 5500. I want to synchronize with my work Outlook. The links from Foxdie at zaurususergroup are broken. Can anyone point me to a place that has the software? Is there an issue from Sharp about providing these?

TIA

Allen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adf
post Jul 27 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(MP2100 @ Jul 27 2006, 10:29 PM)
Hi,

I see the USB drivers at zaurususergroup.org, and downloaded that.  But I get errors when I try to download the CD files, desktop and synchronize stuff.

Specifically, I just got a beautiful C860 off ebay, I'm graduating from a 5500.  I want to synchronize with my work Outlook.  The links from Foxdie at zaurususergroup are broken.  Can anyone point me to a place that has the software?  Is there an issue from Sharp about providing these?

TIA

Allen

maybe try going with cacko? or pdaxrom? or open zaurus?

+Quote Post
uMP2k
post Jul 27 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,104

QUOTE(MP2100 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:29 AM)
Hi,

I see the USB drivers at zaurususergroup.org, and downloaded that.  But I get errors when I try to download the CD files, desktop and synchronize stuff.

Specifically, I just got a beautiful C860 off ebay, I'm graduating from a 5500.  I want to synchronize with my work Outlook.  The links from Foxdie at zaurususergroup are broken.  Can anyone point me to a place that has the software?  Is there an issue from Sharp about providing these?

TIA

Allen

Hi there - completely off topic, but I am wondering if you user name is a reference to the late great Newton Message Pad 2100....?

+Quote Post
MP2100
post Jul 28 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #4

[/quote]
maybe try going with cacko? or pdaxrom? or open zaurus?

[/quote]

Oh, sorry, I was in too much of a hurry when I wrote the first post. More details -- it has Cacko 1.23 ROM loaded on it. So does that do something for me?

I have the SL5500 software for the Sharp ROM 2.37, and I also downloaded the newer SL5500 software for Sharp ROM 3, which sync's differently. Will one of those work? I don't have a manual or software, so I didn't want to load drivers in the wrong order and screw things up.

Allen

+Quote Post
MP2100
post Jul 28 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #5

[/quote]

Hi there - completely off topic, but I am wondering if you user name is a reference to the late great Newton Message Pad 2100....?

[/quote]

But of course. I still keep my messagepads, too much info in them to stop using them. An MP100, an MP2000, and an MP2100.

Allen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 07:58 AM