OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 7-inch Portable Touchscreen Usb Monitor 800x480 Displayport, uses >40MB RAM, no gfx card, USB-powered but no Linux drivers yet
espi
post Dec 4 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,423

Maybe some of you probably have heard of this thing but I just found out about it.
I personally think this is the bees knees.
http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/mimio7inches/1004054216

It's from Korea. The company is MIMO. The screen is bright, sharp, and crisp (says this review I found).
It uses displayport, runs off of just USB, and is fully USB powered.
It has XP, Vista, and OSX drivers but no Linux yet. sad.gif
The OS sees it as just another monitor, and can mirror or extend. It just runs some extra processes in the background, but they only take up to 40MB RAM. I guess that means that old Zaurus is out, if/when the Linux drivers appear.

I totally don't need it, and I certainly don't need to be blowing $200 (which is a fair/good price for this IMO) on anything right now, but man I sure want this thing!

I would like to have it as an extra monitor for my desktop, then grab it, connect it to my tablet and take it with me!
I could also keep the tablet in my briefcase, with a USB cord coming out connected to the small monitor in my coat pocket, acting as a 7-inch touchscreen controller when I'm on the metro or around town. Here's the bonus why that would be handy: This has audio out, audio in, mic, and webcam too!

Later SP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geeko
post Dec 5 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,914

it doesn't have keyboard, i might as well get a iphone, nokia 810 whatever...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:10 PM