Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5 To Choose, Which One?
birdman
post Jul 21 2006, 04:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,100

Hey what pmp do ye all think I should get?
1. the archos pma 430 €220 on ebay.
cons: poor company. small screen, bad resolution (320x240) only 262K colours, only supports mpeg4-sp format. bad battery life, no more firmware upgrades.
Pros: cheap, has wi-fi (slow but it works) has games (supposedly on the same level as those plug and play cheap crap that you get for €10, compatible with external hardrive to expand memory, docking station to easily record from TV, removable battery. runs linux and acts as a pda.

2. cowon a2 €340 on some russian site.
Pros: great screen, 16 million colors, 480x272 resolution, 4", supports all codecs and formats that I need, can record and sceudeal recordings, great company freaquent firmware upgrades, great support, long battery life, audio sounds great as does video, supports lyrics, does what I need,a video player.
cons: bad recording from TV only up to 1 mega-bit, cant expand memory, isint feature-rich

3. i station v43 €320 2nd hand on misticaudio
pros: 4.3 inch screen, looks nice all the features of the cowons screen, good feature list, I dont think I could ever get bored with it. games, cartoon animater (whatever that means) can also connect with a hardive
Cons: Bad company, infrequent firmware upgrades, cant record from TV.

4. luibi blue €360 on advancedmp3 players.co.uk.
Pros: well it seams the same as the cowon a2 but supports more codecs and has a slightly bigger screen, firmware upgrades seam quite frequent, dont know much about the company but they seam good enough, bluetooth, can record from TV.
Cons: seams to have a lot of bugs and dossent support the codecs it says it does ( if you listen to owners at amp3), cant sceudel recordings from TV.

5. viliv p2 suposedly €380.
Pros: loads of features, optional gps, looks great great screen, and codec/format support, seams good on paper, havent heard any bad stuff about the company but then again I havent heard any good stuff either......
Cons: dont know much about it, Dont know if it has games or if it can record from TV, no user reviews so I dont know how well it actually acts, according to cnet the p1 was a flop so I would have to hope this one isint, since it hasent been released yet I dont know how the firmware upgrades are.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:19 AM