Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.0rc3 Released
guylhem
post Nov 5 2005, 05:28 AM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,365

Hello

IF you flashed the rom, the battery applet is already there. it reports by 1%.
The 2nd battery is not supported yet - I have to tweak the battery/overclock applet. If you can do this, feel free to do it.

Guylhem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
loc4me
post Nov 5 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 7,538

QUOTE(guylhem @ Nov 5 2005, 08:28 AM)
Hello

IF you flashed the rom, the battery applet is already there. it reports by 1%.
The 2nd battery is not supported yet - I have to tweak the battery/overclock applet. If you can do this, feel free to do it.

Guylhem

well i am not sure what the problem is. I flasshed the .dbk file and everything seems to work except the already documented problems of RC4 but when i click on the battery icon and select "power status" it just give a report of "good" and everything.

-Mark

+Quote Post
MSC_Geek
post Nov 7 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 3,207

Now for my latest issue. I am able to get my XP machine (yeah yeah, evil M$, I know) to see the Z6k as a storage device by running the usbd.net script, however, I can only see the /mnt/cf card, and not the /mnt/cf2 card in the expansion sled. Additionally, after about a minute it seems that Qtopia tries restarting. The screen goes completely black for about a minute, then it displays the login screen (with the Tux pic) and shows:

"Welcome to zaurus on tty1
Linux: 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix (armv5tel)
0 sessions are opened at Mon Nov 7 2005 18:01:03

You have 10 seconds to log in or Qtopia will be started.
zaurus login: killall: qserver: no process killed
killall: q
server: no process killed
"
Then the screen goes black again for a few seconds and then I get the screen I described above. It just keeps cycling back and forth. While this is going on, I still appear to have connectivity to the Z as a USB Mass Storage device. Am I not supposed to run Qtopia if I want to run any of the usbd functions?

+Quote Post
guylhem
post Nov 7 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #79

hello

they do conflict. please see /etc/usbcontrol script which controls that and edit it to fit your needs. In your case, use hdb instead of hda.

I'd recommand using hdb2 ie the second partition of the cf in the sled to remove any potential problem with qtopia.

you should be able to run qtopia ! I did run it while in usbstorage mode, with the 2nd half of my 1gb sd used for that very purpose

guylhem

+Quote Post
rip
post Nov 8 2005, 04:00 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 4,916

one thing starnge.
i'm using tipterm ipk to console into my rtrs in my job.
the usual command is:
terminal /dev/ttyS0 9600 and then go for it.
i don't know why but it is not working with your release.
annoying for my daily basis job but i totally understand thats its not a priority as i'm perhaps the only one to use this ipk, wink.gif
are you usin /dev/ttyS0 for something else?
how could i troubleshoot?

+Quote Post
guylhem
post Nov 9 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #81

check /etc/inittab - ttySA0 must be free. if anything else uses it you have a problem. check also with ps awux or fuser

BTW it is ttySA0 not ttyS0

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Nov 14 2005, 08:41 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 1,794

Just checking to see if rc5 is on the horizon. (hope, hope)

+Quote Post
guylhem
post Nov 15 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #83

Hello

I had no time lately, and a physician job at a "special" hi-security official building where any electronic gizmo requires a written authorisation from the director detailing the device, it's model, serial number, capabilities, etc. Anyway, spare batteries and chargers are forbidden, and spending a day on a single battery seems unlikely. I can barely bring my digital wristwatch. So there's nothing I can do at the moment :-/

Will keep you guys informed. Meanwhile I received a donation from Tim Haak - his dead 6000. It's dead as can be (it's not simply a battery problem, tried everything I know again) and my odds to revive it are very low. Yet it would be an ideal companion to my 6000, because I would mean a *dedicated* machine to work on the Rom. If anyone has another dead pda, who knows- I may turn both into a working one?

Guylhem

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 22 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #84

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

Just flashed for first time to the G rom! I had to buy a CF card specially for it, as the one I had was too small (64MB formatted down to 61), and a borrowed one didn't work :-( So, now I'm a happy 6000'er. My brother wants to borrow my 860, so I've got to the 6000 fully up to spec, and am now trying to install the few extra applications I need.

The first thing I noticed was that the network config tool Bluetooth PAN applet is the same as the BT dialup applet. Wlan should suffice, but the 6000 isn't too sensitive, I get better coverage in my home from a strategically placed bluetooth adaptor on my firewall than from the wireless internet I share with my neighbour.

The other key thing I am missing is kismet!

+Quote Post
loc4me
post Nov 23 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #85

Hello,
I need a little help getting the wireless working in RC4. I replaced /etc/wlan.conf with the new one Guylhem posted in a previous post, so i should be ready to go. Here is what i have been doing and maybe someone can set me straight.

In terminal i run net.wifi.local. It starts the wifi and green light comes on. I then open Opera and attempted to browse a web page. ANY web page i put in times out. It attempts to connect but sits there at looking up www......

When i look at my router i can see that my Z has been issued an IP so it should be able to conect. If i run ifconfig i also shows an IP. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I have no WEP. I am using the default settings in wlan.conf which it set for ESSID = any.

Thanks,
-Mark

+Quote Post
loc4me
post Nov 23 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #86

I have also noticed an oddity with the battery applet when you reboot. I dont know if it is a bug or not. but when i reboot the battery applet comes back and only reports good/low and so on. Then if i reboot again it will sometimes come back to the 100% and so on reporting. I dont know how to make it do one or the other. Sometimes i have to reboot several times and then sometimes i just give up b/c i takes forever to reboot.

If anyone has any idea the cause of this oddity please let me know. Is there a way i can load some module after it is booted up in QT in order to get the proper battery reporting back?

By the way i got my problem in the previous post resolved. In order to get the wifi working i had to modify the net.wifi.local script to use my default gateway of my linksys router of 192.168.xxx.xxx. and then it worked.

By having to start the wifi like this does that mean that if you find a local hot spot that has Wifi that we will not be able to connect using this script b/c it seems like you have to manually assign the IP address i the script. Is there away to have a DHCP server assign the IP. If i am at a Hotspot i will probably not know the default gateway address to configure the script. Maybe i am missing something here.

-Mark

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 25 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #87

QUOTE(rip @ Nov 8 2005, 01:00 PM)
i'm using tipterm ipk to console into my rtrs in my job.

Have you tried using minicom instead of tipterm - not saying it will fix ttyS problem but it might be more informative

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 25 2005, 01:26 AM
Post #88

QUOTE(loc4me @ Nov 23 2005, 09:10 AM)
When i look at my router i can see that my Z has been issued an IP so it should be able to conect. If i run ifconfig i also shows an IP. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I have no WEP. I am using the default settings in wlan.conf which it set for ESSID = any.

on the Z, does "ipconfig -a" tell you it has an IP? Does "netstat -r" tell you it has a default route? Are the contents of "/etc/resolv.conf" correct for your network - i.e. a valid DNS resolver?

+Quote Post
loc4me
post Nov 25 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #89

speculatrix,

What should /etc/resolv.conf contain. It does not contain anything correct for me it now says:
#wlan0 begin
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 4.2.2.4
#wlan0 end
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 4..2.2.4

I am not sure what it should be? I have a linksys router which is my gateway. Any help?

Also anyone have the problem that they loose the nice % display in battery applet after they reboot?

Thanks,
-Mark

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 29 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(loc4me @ Nov 26 2005, 03:27 AM)
speculatrix,

What should /etc/resolv.conf contain. It does not contain anything correct for me it now says:
#wlan0 begin
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 4.2.2.4
#wlan0 end
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 4..2.2.4

I am not sure what it should be? I have a linksys router which is my gateway. Any help?

Also anyone have the problem that they loose the nice % display in battery applet after they reboot?

Some broadband routers provide a DNS resolver/proxy, they're probably OK now, but to be honest, easier to use your ISP's resolvers... take a look on your attached PC to find out what its nameservers are. In windows, run "ipconfig /all", on linux "cat /etc/resolv.conf" and put the values into you Z

anyway, the 4..2.2.4 definitely looks wrong. Remove all the entries and leave just the "nameserver a.b.c.d" found from above.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:22 PM