Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wifi Cf Card For Z, Packet Insertion
Hacdan
post Jan 3 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,151

I'm looking for a CF Wifi card for my C1k, I just joined the board, so you don't know me ;(. But anyways, I was looking for a CF Wifi card that can do packet insertion, something of small form factor would be nice (aka doesn't stick out too far biggrin.gif) but that isn't of major concern. If I missed if this has already been posted, I do apologize. Just I can't find one that can do packet insertion and has a passive mode. Or I should say that I know for sure can do these things. Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

PS: something cheap wouldn't hurt, something like under $100.00 Us would be nice

L8rs

*Edit* Guess it must have been a dumb question, I am deeply sorry for posting this, because of my lack of knowledge of wireless networking sad.gif My bad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
born2wonder
post Feb 15 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,442

QUOTE(Hacdan @ Jan 3 2008, 12:21 PM) *
I'm looking for a CF Wifi card for my C1k, I just joined the board, so you don't know me ;(. But anyways, I was looking for a CF Wifi card that can do packet insertion, something of small form factor would be nice (aka doesn't stick out too far biggrin.gif) but that isn't of major concern. If I missed if this has already been posted, I do apologize. Just I can't find one that can do packet insertion and has a passive mode. Or I should say that I know for sure can do these things. Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

PS: something cheap wouldn't hurt, something like under $100.00 Us would be nice

L8rs

*Edit* Guess it must have been a dumb question, I am deeply sorry for posting this, because of my lack of knowledge of wireless networking sad.gif My bad.

AFAIK, compact flash wifi cards all have prism 2/2.5/3 chipsets and thus all of them support packet injection if using correct drivers.

As for size this will help you decide.
http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Wireless_Card_Support

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Feb 15 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,575

Your distro has to support injection, though. Ones that I know work:

Angstrom
pdaXrom r198*
Cacko for Cxx00**

*after you flash my kernel
**I saw patched drivers somewhere, have not tested them

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 10:11 AM