3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zaurus Ui Freezes If Suspended Too Long
zaphod
post Feb 15 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,086

I remember this problem in pdaxrom way back in july. Surely, someone has thought of a workaround or fix by now?

I have an SL-C750 and if it is left suspended for more than one day, the touchscreen and keyboard go dead on wakeup. I guess it isn't a problem with matchbox, since now pdax is using openbox. Strangely, sometimes the first tap or two after wakeup work and then no more. The ON/OFF button on the back of the zaurus still works, but suspend/resume does not get the touchscreen/keyboard working. Removing the battery is the only way to reboot the thing and them everything is fine. At least until I forget to use my Z for a day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nightfire
post Feb 15 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,117

QUOTE(zaphod @ Feb 16 2005, 02:31 AM)
I have an SL-C750 and if it is left suspended for more than one day, the touchscreen and keyboard go dead on wakeup.  ...  The ON/OFF button on the back of the zaurus still works, but suspend/resume does not get the touchscreen/keyboard working.

Wow.. I thought I was the only one. *Exactly* the same behavior here on my C760. Odd.

+Quote Post
projekt
post Feb 16 2005, 06:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,406

QUOTE(nightfire @ Feb 16 2005, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE(zaphod @ Feb 16 2005, 02:31 AM)
I have an SL-C750 and if it is left suspended for more than one day, the touchscreen and keyboard go dead on wakeup.  ...  The ON/OFF button on the back of the zaurus still works, but suspend/resume does not get the touchscreen/keyboard working.

Wow.. I thought I was the only one. *Exactly* the same behavior here on my C760. Odd.

Same with me.. Had to hard reset it by removing the battery twice just today because of this problem. Running RC9.0, was this fixed in 9.1?

+Quote Post
cortez
post Feb 16 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,380

Have to reset my C750 occasionally because of this. Wasn't able to reproduce when it happens, but it could indeed have something to do with long-time-no-use. Well, that's one way to punish us for not using this beautifull piece of software the way it was meant to use... all the time wink.gif

+Quote Post
gtJormungand
post Feb 16 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,682

This would describe a similar problem that I'm having with the 860.

+Quote Post
pgas
post Feb 16 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,210

I have also this problem, do you use a wifi card?

If yes see this thread
for what seems to be a possible solution, I didn't try it though.

+Quote Post
LadyBug
post Feb 17 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,061

The hint behind that link may solve Wifi issues, but I have been hit with the problem without a wifi card in the slot. Maybe there are two separate issues here?

+Quote Post
macwiz
post Feb 20 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 157

I had this problem with RC5 on my 860. Experimented with different window managers (fluxbox etc), and the problem went away while using them. When I flashed RC8 the problem went away totally so I did without the other window managers. Now I have flashed RC9, and the problem is back. Any ideas? I am tempted to go back to RC8.

+Quote Post
sommi
post Feb 20 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,457

QUOTE(zaphod @ Feb 16 2005, 03:31 AM)
I remember this problem in pdaxrom way back in july.  Surely, someone has thought of a workaround or fix by now?

I have an SL-C750 and if it is left suspended for more than one day, the touchscreen and keyboard go dead on wakeup.  I guess it isn't a problem with matchbox, since now pdax is using openbox.  Strangely, sometimes the first tap or two after wakeup work and then no more.  The ON/OFF button on the back of the zaurus still works, but suspend/resume does not get the touchscreen/keyboard working.  Removing the battery is the only way to reboot the thing and them everything is fine. At least until I forget to use my Z for a day.

I also had this problem once. After a long period in suspended state, the
touchscreen and keyboard seemed to lock up.

I noticed that the Zaurus still seemed to be working in this state (new flash cards
were recognized). So I inserted my WIFI-Card and logged in to the Zaurus from
my Desktop-Computer via SSH. I killed and restarted the X Server (on the Z)
and everything was fine afterwards.

Of course this is not a good workaround but at least I didn't have to remove
the battery and risk data loss to get the Z working again...

+Quote Post
projekt
post Feb 21 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #10

Hi, just to point out to people that think it may be wifi related, there are at least 2 people that posted (including myself) that encountered the problem without a wifi card. I changed my windowmanager to ratpoison and haven't noticed any problems yet. I find myself just staying out of X all together a lot more lately though.

+Quote Post
conundrum
post Feb 21 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 5,891

My C860 was off since Friday, I just turned it on and no problems. RC9

I have had this problem before, but I don't think it has to do with how long the device is suspended. Maybe what it was doing when it was suspended?

+Quote Post
alan
post Feb 22 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,411

it happens to me sometimes, on my 750.

Just for information, it also happens when you suspend the Z while you don't use X (using the command "apm -s") and leave it for some days. When you turn it back on, it automatically close the session and you have to log in again.

Hope it means something to you...

Ho, by the way, i have no wifi card...

+Quote Post
wario
post Feb 22 2005, 05:46 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,191

I thought it was an X11 thing.

CODE
# ssh root@z kill -9 X

would salvage the mess, otherwise i did the old battery pull.

It happens to me so consistently for a suspend of any duration that now I always kill X beforehand.

+Quote Post
dvdrw
post Feb 22 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,881

QUOTE(alan @ Feb 22 2005, 12:31 AM)
Ho, by the way, i have no wifi card...

do you have any type of CF card inserted in the CF slot? or no CF card is inserted at all when the resume lockup occurs?

+Quote Post
projekt
post Feb 22 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #15

Wasn't there going to be a developer bare bones image released sometime soon? I personally would love to scrap openbox/matchbox all together and put my energy into ratpoison, which is, to me, the best wm for such a small device if you need to get things done.

Laze: any news on that bare bones image?

Wario: I usually freeze up a hundred miles from my home computer. I travel a lot so its always the battery pull. Being that I have a pdaair case that snaps on the bottom, its a real pain in the ass.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 01:07 AM