Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Root Password For SL-6000, Using Sharp ROM
pcgamingsolution...
post Sep 15 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,273

I installed a screenshot utility recently. After playing around with it, I uninstalled it. The utility creates an image folder to store the screen captures and this folder is owned by root. I have a console app installed, but can't remove this folder as a normal user (naturally). However, I don't have the default root password to remove this directory. I tried "root" and a blank password, with no luck. I also tried running the console app as root, which works, but I'm still a normal user that can't delete the directory. Does anyone know the default root password for the Sharp ROM on the 6000 series? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angst
post Sep 16 2004, 07:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,077

Odd. When I use su I never get asked for a password. It just logs me in as root.

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Sep 16 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,633

do you have the passcode enabled (I'm assuming the 6000 has the same passcode option all the Zs have)? If you do, then the password is the same 4 numeric entries. If you don't, then you would not (by default) be prompted for a password.

+Quote Post
pcgamingsolution...
post Sep 16 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,273

My last PDA got stolen with some sensitive information on it, so I made sure to put a passcode on it. Sure enough, that's my root password. Thanks, I have control over my own PDA now. smile.gif

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Sep 17 2004, 08:01 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,592

Hello All,

Speaking of Passcodes. I _don't_ use mine, because I don't want to enter it everytime I turn on the unit. But as pcgamingsolutions, it would be better to not have everything wide open.

So that being said, are there any options between None and Everytime?

I guess I am looking for something like my old Newton which also allowed: "Once a day", "Once an hour"

TIA

Craig...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:07 AM