Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X.org Problems, Problems with Xournal after Upgrade to 2.6.26 Kernel
olipage
post Apr 7 2009, 03:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,292

Hi,

I am using latest angstroem kernel 2.6.26 on my zaurus. After the upgrade to this kernel everything works as supposed, even better poverall performance. i was experimenting with window manager xfce, but didn't work out. now that i return to matchbox, actually setting everything back to matchbox i have a strange behaviour in xournal.

When trying to "write" or set marks to whatever the touchscreen seems to be really really sensible as it is almost unpossible to make a more or less good line. i have marks looking like a heartbeat in fact when trying to make a straight line?

does anyone have any idea where to begin searching for this thing? i liked xournal, but now its almost unusable as i can't write anything. when trying to write the marks get absolutely unreadable. besides of this all the otherthings are working fine...

kind regards,

Oliver Zieger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
utx
post Apr 7 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,468

This is a problem of the kernel. According to the Cyril Hrubiš's blog and private talk, touch screen code in the kernel needs rewrite: Current implementation is polling based, but it should be interrupt based. To eliminate noise, reading of touchscreen should be synchronized with the LCD panel refresh.

As an ugly work-around you can use tslib filtering.

Note: Collie have had the same problem in past.

+Quote Post
ofels
post Apr 7 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(utx @ Apr 7 2009, 01:40 PM) *
This is a problem of the kernel. According to the Cyril Hrubiš's blog and private talk, touch screen code in the kernel needs rewrite: Current implementation is polling based, but it should be interrupt based. To eliminate noise, reading of touchscreen should be synchronized with the LCD panel refresh.

Needless to say that the same is occuring under zubuntu...

Oliver

+Quote Post
olipage
post Apr 8 2009, 07:04 AM
Post #4

hey guys,

thanks a lot for this. so thats the reason for this. hm, it used to work fine with 2.6.23, so i thought this wouldn't really be something of the kernel, but ok.

kind regards,

Oliver

+Quote Post
olipage
post May 25 2009, 04:10 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(utx @ Apr 7 2009, 01:40 PM) *

well, i somehow got tslib to work, and using ts_test i get a really good result using the touchscreen. unfortunately, when using xournal, the result is still unusable. it seems, ts_test DOES use the device through the filtering using the env-vars, but the xournal for example not. is there a way to have the flitering used by all programs? unfortunatly i can't even say whether it is using filtering other then in ts_test. is there somewhere to look it up? setup and daemon seems to get started, following init.d (there is a start script, using the ts.conf) - if i have an invalid ts.conf screen does not work at all. so it seems to get loaded at least.

thanks for any advice...

Oliver

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 03:03 AM