2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scummvm For Cacko/sharp Vga
fiferboy
post May 12 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,408

I think I found the answer in one of your other posts. Menu makes it so all following clicks are right mouse button and Address makes it so all following clicks are left mouse button. the only problem with this is that Address also brings down the console, so I have to exit that every time I go to left mouse button mode. I don't know if this is because Address is mapped to something funny, but I know ~ also brings down the console.

I guess this is something I will have to live with, but it would be nice to maybe have the mappings changed.

EDIT: Actually, it is just Beneath a Steel Sky that has the Address button mapping problem. Flight of the Amazon Queen, Monkey Island 1, and Monkey Island 2 are all unaffected. I am curious what the glitch in BASS is, though. Also, Menu and Address aren't all that convenient to be pressing all the time during a game, especially if you are left-handed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Jun 1 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 9,420

I finally landed myself a cheaply priced 2GB SD for my C1000 so, I will be conducting tests on the last three SCUMM titles that I could never fit on my old 1GB SD with the rest of other SCUMM titles. Here are my preliminary results using MP3 compressed SOUs, SANs and BUNs. Tovarish, it is amazing how many desktop features you squeezed in this port.

Full Throttle - Works perfectly, no hiccups and voices are in synch with animations with no overclocking

The Dig - Works well but, the voices are out of synch with the animations unless you turn on the subtitles then they synch pretty well. Slight pauses on the shuttle approach to the Attila asteroid but, overall workable. Did not try to overclock since the subtitles did the trick.

The Curse of Monkey Island - Hot Damn! This sucker actually runs on my Z. The bad news is the it is having the same voice synch issue as the The Dig and the subtitles aren't helping to bring things back into synch. Tried overclocking to 520/208/104 and in made matters worse. The credits stop displaying all the characters and the audio got more out of synch.

That's it for now.

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Jun 16 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #18

I did some more testing with COMI and tried overclocking to Turbo (624/312/156) and it did not help with the sound synch problem. I also tried multiple libSDL versions to see if they would help since it appears that the video can't keep up with the audio but, the only version of libSDL that works with this port of ScummVM is libsdl_1.2.5-slzaurus20041025-j_arm.ipk. I tried the following libSDL's

libsdl_1.2.5-slzaurus20050731_arm.ipk (ScummVM failed to run)

libSDL_1.2.6-zports-5_arm.ipk (ScummVM ran but the screen was black. Clicking on the black space were the start button should be resulted in COMI starting to load but then ScummVM hung)

So it looks like it's the libsdl_1.2.5-slzaurus20041025-j_arm.ipk version of libSDL or nothing.

Based on my testing I would say that this version of ScummVM is quite stable when the correct libSDL is used so, can we have this version placed on the Cacko feed?

If this is something I can do; please know where or who I need to contact to make this happen. Thanks.

+Quote Post
booyaa
post Jun 18 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 9,954

Attached File  libfluidsynth.tar.gz ( 116.09k ) Number of downloads: 86

k stupid question time. how to do i install this library? i unzipped it. then did the following:

* su
* cd /lib
* tar xvf libfluidsynth.tar .
* restarted the zaurus

scummvm is still complaining that it can't find this library.

i've got a sl-5500 with sharp v3 rom.

+Quote Post
Sy Ali
post Jun 19 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 10,168

To install the libfluidsynth do:

CODE
su
cd /home/QtPalmtop/lib
tar xvvzf /tmp/libfluidsynth.tar
ldconfig
exit
scummvm

(I assume libfluidsynth.tar was put in your /tmp directory)

----

However, while it installs and runs correctly, I cannot launch a game. After trying to run a game, scummvm exits and gives:

QT_SetVideoMode: sdlKeyRotation=3
open: Device or resource busy

This is with either
Beneath a Steel Sky, Freeware Floppy Version (7.3M)
Flight of the Amazon Queen, Freeware Floppy Version (6.7M)
from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

----

Should this package end up working for most people, I recommend firing off an email to the official scummvm people to have them list it as a port.

+Quote Post
Sy Ali
post Jun 19 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #21

libfluidsynth will need to be repaired slightly. ldconfig gives an error:
ldconfig: /home/QtPalmtop/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1 is not a symbolic link

+Quote Post
booyaa
post Jun 21 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,954

k finally got that pesky library installed. i don't have ldconfig on my sharp rom is that normal?

anyhoo.. here's the next error when i run scummvm at the commandline:

CODE
WARNING: SDL_SetVideoMode says we can't switch to that mode!

any takers?

+Quote Post
Sy Ali
post Jun 21 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #23

I don't know how to solve your problem, but it's ok that ldconfig doesn't exist on your system.

+Quote Post
Prefect47
post Jun 24 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,071

Great job, when I first tried this with my existing non-compressed COMI it worked fine. However, after following this, I can't seem to get the sound (and the video) so stop from stuttering. Also, all games, including the old ones, seem to run in 640x480 - is that normal?

I assume I must use tremor to get good performance on my C860. I have installed libvorbisdec form the cacko.biz feed, but it makes no difference... how can I see it it's using tremor or not?

+Quote Post
Mecit
post Sep 1 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 10,499

i can not right click in scummvm, adress and menu keys don't work for me, so it makes impossible to play broken sword II. any suggestions?

+Quote Post
relapse808
post Sep 2 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,881

QUOTE(Mecit @ Sep 1 2006, 01:54 PM)
i can not right click in scummvm, adress and menu keys don't work for me, so it makes impossible to play broken sword II. any suggestions?

I had a similar issue with the calader key to bring up the menu. I found that the calander key wasnt mapped correctly under application keys in the settings ok Cacko.

I want to know if you can remap the menu key. It is annoying hitting calander then having the calander pop up which I must close to get back to ScummVM and save my game.

Keep up the good work people, Many of us appreciate it!

+Quote Post
Sy Ali
post Sep 2 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(relapse808 @ Sep 2 2006, 04:20 PM)
I want to know if you can remap the menu key.

The short answer = yes

The long answer = Do some searching, or start a new thread. I remember reading about this, and there is indeed a solution.

Maybe my notes will help: http://jrandomhacker.info/Cacko/keyboard

You could check out ~/Applications/cyrillica/english and make the change, then run 'cyrkbdset' and exit it.

+Quote Post
relapse808
post Sep 2 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 10,881

ok im trying to figure out how to get the music to work For Monkey Island 1 CD.

It plays the music but skips very badly making it useless
The music is in .ogg format

I do have libogg 1.1.3 installed but this hasnt helped at all.
Do I have to reconvert the files to get the music to work properly?

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Sep 25 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(relapse808 @ Sep 3 2006, 01:21 AM)
ok im trying to figure out how to get the music to work For Monkey Island 1 CD.

It plays the music but skips very badly making it useless
The music is in .ogg format

I do have libogg 1.1.3 installed but this hasnt helped at all.
Do I have to reconvert the files to get the music to work properly?

I had the same problem with the Palm version of ScummVM on my old T3. I recommend that you convert the original files to MP3 instead of Ogg. MP3 does not exhibit that behaviour at all.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:12 PM