Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> installing pocket pc os on zaurus
markedman
post Oct 23 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,644

I want to know if this is possiable i only bought my c-860 because of its clam shell
features please if anyone could direct me towards a form on how to do this or if its
not possiable i guess ill have to sell it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chaos
post Oct 23 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,255

Why would you install Windows on a Linux device???? Linux is WAY better than Windows.

And no, there is no way to do it. Shoulda thought of that before buying, eh?

+Quote Post
markedman
post Oct 23 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #3

i guess so

+Quote Post
V-Man
post Oct 23 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21

Hey markedman:

If you so desperately need a Windows device, I will trade you my iPaq 2215 for your 860. I have a 5500 that is so much more flexible than the iPaq, that the iPaq is relegated to an expensive toy. I use the Z for all of my work stuff and the 2215 for play. Seriously, I would be willing to trade the iPaq (and possibly a few bucks) for your 860. Let me know if you are even slightly interested. I have been drooling over the 860's since they came out, but just can't afford one yet.

V-Man

+Quote Post
markedman
post Oct 23 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(V-Man @ Oct 24 2004, 12:48 AM)
Hey markedman:

If you so desperately need a Windows device, I will trade you my iPaq 2215 for your 860. I have a 5500 that is so much more flexible than the iPaq, that the iPaq is relegated to an expensive toy. I use the Z for all of my work stuff and the 2215 for play. Seriously, I would be willing to trade the iPaq (and possibly a few bucks) for your 860. Let me know if you are even slightly interested. I have been drooling over the 860's since they came out, but just can't afford one yet.

V-Man

lol the iPaq 2215 is only worth about 200 on ebay

+Quote Post
rikiya
post Oct 23 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,995

Well you should at least pay around $300 if you wanna trade I guess

+Quote Post
Omicron
post Oct 24 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE(markedman @ Oct 23 2004, 05:51 PM)
I want to know if this is possiable i only bought my c-860 because of its clam shell
features please if anyone could direct me towards a form on how to do this or if its
not possiable i guess ill have to sell it

There is a PALM emulator out on the Zaurus File Index....Would that help (Written for 5500, but might very well work for C860).

I gotta say, it really seems that you are very disappointed in your C860 and I can sort of understand that as I was a little let down just due to my anticipation of seeing reviews and waiting for it.

However, once I listed my needs most important to least important, I started to work on each one. Honestly all my major needs are satified and the only ones remaining are the ones that I really am not worried enough about to really dig into them. Eaqch issue took a bit of time and help from the group, but evntually I got a unit I could not replace with anything on the market.

Last time I spoke to you, you were running pdaXrom....Now while that is a great rom for many people..I gotta say I personally like Cacko QT so much better because it looks and acts like a PDA than X windows linux machine. I tried pdaXrom and I was very impressed, but I knew it was not the ROM for me. So if you are still on pdaXrom you are about as far from a PDA-type of ROM as you can get. I love having linux at my finger tips, but I prefer primarily a gui with linux a little deeper under the hood.

+Quote Post
markedman
post Oct 24 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #8

hey I installed the new qtopia rom like 4 days but yhea im just having alot of fustrations trying to setup a snes emu on my zaurus and for some reason the
nes emu i have only works in landscape mode so its not even usable cause i
dont have any acess to the botton because they are covered by the screen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 03:18 AM