OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Easy Help From The Community For A Project..., How does this name sound to you?
zmiq2
post May 28 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,038

Hi, I have a friend developing a new project and we have come up with a name which we'd like to receive feedback as how it sounds in different languages.

We'd appreciate if you can post here with your language and what/how it sounds like, and whether it means/resembles anything.

The name is 'chere'.

We are specially looking for feedback from north-European and Asian languages.

Many thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dhns
post May 28 2007, 04:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,043

QUOTE(zmiq2 @ May 28 2007, 11:41 AM)
Hi, I have a friend developing a new project and we have come up with a name which we'd like to receive feedback as how it sounds in different languages.

We'd appreciate if you can post here with your language and what/how it sounds like, and whether it means/resembles anything.

The name is 'chere'.

We are specially looking for feedback from north-European and Asian languages.

Many thanks.

Well,
a good name depends much on the target group and what it is and if people associate the right things.

So, does it relate to the Zaurus? Is it Software, is it a service? Whom do you want to address?

For Germans, we know "chere" from French. If pronounced in a mixture of German and French, it sounds similar to "Schere", which is scissors.

Note: there is a well known brand called "Mon Cheri" in Germany being a cherry put into whiskey and wrapped with chocolate.

I am not sure if that really helps you... You probably should consult a marketing professional.

-- hns

+Quote Post
desertrat
post May 28 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,322

QUOTE(dhns @ May 28 2007, 12:34 PM)
Well, a good name depends much on the target group and what it is and if people associate the right things.
In this day and age it's probably a good idea to check whether the domain is available before deciding on a name smile.gif

+Quote Post
T3_slider
post May 28 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,449

Sounds expensive to me (ie in French). I don't know why you would want to call your software expensive (unless you mean dear).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 02:24 PM