Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3200 Preorder Now Available
Streamline
post Mar 8 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,526

Hello Everyone,
As normal we now have the 3200 avilable for PREORDER on our site ( http://www.streamlinecpus.com ) . We know this model is not what everyone is hoping for however this is good for a few reasons. It stops the speculation by some that the Zaurus was dead. It shows Sharp is making improvments to the "Z" (slowly). We will post the ship date once we recieve it here as well as actual pics once the unit is recieved. Should you have any questions please let us know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omicron
post Mar 20 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE(Streamline @ Mar 8 2006, 06:20 AM)
Hello Everyone,
  As normal we now have the 3200 avilable for PREORDER on our site ( http://www.streamlinecpus.com ) . We know this model is not what everyone is hoping for however this is good for a few reasons. It stops the speculation by some that the Zaurus was dead. It shows Sharp is making improvments to the "Z" (slowly). We will post the ship date once we recieve it here as well as actual pics once the unit is recieved. Should you have any questions please let us know.

What's the difference between the BL-09 and BL-11 batteries ?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Hrw
post Mar 20 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,413

Can you give two infos about SL-C3200?

1. it's 'dogname' (cat /proc/cpuinfo)
2.microdrive info (cardctl ident)

thx

BTW - it probably be supported by OZ 3.5.4.1 (as it is basically borzoi with bigger uDrive)

+Quote Post
Streamline
post Mar 20 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,526

The BL-09 battery is for the 6000 and acts as the battery cover for it as well. The BL-11 is the oem clamshell battery from Sharp. You wanting physical characteristics right?

We are expecting our first order of 3200's by the end of the week. I will speak with our distributor and try to get the info for you before our units arrive.

+Quote Post
TRIsoft
post Mar 21 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,587

Hi Hrw,
QUOTE(Hrw @ Mar 20 2006, 08:48 PM)
1. it's 'dogname' (cat /proc/cpuinfo)
2.microdrive info (cardctl ident)

the dogname is..... (drumroll)

Terrier.

And the cardctl ident is same to the SL-C3100:
"HITACHI", "microdrive"
manfid 0x0319, 0x000
function: 4 (fixed disk)

///TRIsoft

Marc Stephan

+Quote Post
Hrw
post Mar 21 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #6

Thx

Now we need brave tester which will boot 3.5.4.1-alpha1 on terrier (images/kernel for spitz/borzoi should work) wink.gif

+Quote Post
xatax
post Mar 21 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,836

How do you come with that name? Why "Terrier"?

+Quote Post
w14
post Mar 21 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,049

All Zs have a dog name. As Hrw said in his post, you can see it by typing 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' from the console.

Mike.

+Quote Post
Ferret-Simpson
post Jun 5 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,295

|sighs embarrasedly|

Yay! Poodle!

Maybe Sharp should make a Mini-Z, (Like the XDA/MDA mini)

Sharp Chiwawa anyone?

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Jun 5 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,794

QUOTE(Ferret-Simpson @ Jun 5 2006, 08:32 AM)
|sighs embarrasedly|

Yay! Poodle!

Maybe Sharp should make a Mini-Z, (Like the XDA/MDA mini)

Sharp Chiwawa anyone?

he he..... You mean chihuahua?

+Quote Post
chuckr
post Jun 5 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE(Streamline @ Mar 8 2006, 03:20 AM)
Hello Everyone,

Actually, now that I've done my own work to prove to myself that swapping out the internal microdrive is so eminently available to anyone with a small phillips screwdriver, I'm sitting here and thinking about what I would order up, if I were ole "Mr. Sharp" himself, so as to improve the Zaurus. You folks want to sit back for a minute and think about just how far the Zaurus is, in front of the rest of the pack. This is largely due to their outstanding screen and keyboard, but not only that. If I couldbn't expand that 4Gb drive to something newer, then maybe I coiuld see a beef, but the biggest thing I see right now, is Sharp missing out on the boat, in what has to rack up there nearly with IBM's leaving the PC behind, or Commodore's walking away from the Pet (remember that?). As far as a marketing blunder, it's pretty enormous, and all efforts to explain it as some part of a deep, dark strategic plot really need to take another look. Sharp wouldn't be the first company to just get so wrapped up in tunnel vision that they can't see the golden goose right when it's in the act of laying a big one.

Think about it; Sharp's position, both compeitively (because of the unique attributes of their screen, they own it, right?) and because of the leg up they have because of all these user groups, is so enviable, it's like a Marketing Guru's wet dream. When will Sharp wake up? Just after someone else steals their market ,I'm beginning to think.

+Quote Post
Snappy
post Jun 5 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 5,633

aye ... just put a 4" (4.5"?) display into existing clamshells, and have wifi built-in. Storage expandable via sd and CF. With the CF freed up via built-in wifi, sd+cf is way more than enough.

ah well ... I'm currently pretty satisfied with my akita ... just trying to get the wifi card to work on it with Cacko 1.23 or get Chinese to work on GPE or pdaXrom.

+Quote Post
ken
post Jun 5 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5,063

QUOTE(w14 @ Mar 21 2006, 06:17 AM)
All Zs have a dog name. As Hrw said in his post, you can see it by typing 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' from the console.

I guess that only applies to Z's from Japan, as I can't seem to find a dogname on my 6000L. Unless Tosa is a dogname, but I never heard of a dog breed called Tosa before.

+Quote Post
Hrw
post Jun 6 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #14

06 11:03 < ibot> i guess tosa is the Sharp SL-6000 PDA, or a dog (see http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/tosa.htm)

+Quote Post
Curious Aardvark
post Jun 12 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 6,345

So what general spec is the 3200 and what if any benefits would I see over my c860 ?
Can't find any spec on the forum.
'Actually, now that I've done my own work to prove to myself that swapping out the internal microdrive is so eminently available to anyone with a small phillips screwdriver'
What did you replace it with chuckr ?
One of the main reasons I went for the 860 was the fact that it was completely solid state. I see too many dead harddrives, I don't want one in my pda. And hi-speed 4gb cf cards are pretty cheap - even in the uk.
Just seen an 8gb, but it was pretty pricey.
So what did you use and what differences does the 3200 have over the 860 or c1000 ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 10:52 PM