3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wi-spy And X/qt, Will it work?
kahm
post Nov 27 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,809

Saw a link from another section of the forum. The ThinkGeek link consumer action shot shows this thing hooked up to a Z! Did someone just make a composite shot, or is it actually working?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/80ce/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Nov 27 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 3,570

QUOTE(kahm @ Nov 27 2006, 11:17 AM)
Saw a link from another section of the forum. The ThinkGeek link consumer action shot shows this thing hooked up to a Z! Did someone just make a composite shot, or is it actually working?

Man, that just ain't right!! He (or she) should share the goodness!! It's probably the guy on the kismet forums.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Nov 27 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(kahm @ Nov 28 2006, 06:17 AM)

looks like its running OZ

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Nov 27 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #34

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

QUOTE(BarryW @ Nov 27 2006, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Nov 26 2006, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE(BarryW @ Jun 18 2006, 09:59 PM)
Beats me.  I'm not a programmer.  I mostly just break stuff.

Yes and I can testify your honor! He basterdized the sl-6000 with twinkly lights! ph34r.gif

Anyway, Curious to see what this does cuz my c-3200 has no adhoc and cannot make it work with previous wifi sniffers.

You need to get yourself an ambicom wifi card. Kismet works on my 3200.

ohh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks! I knew someone here had an answer. Does it support adhoc? and post all files needed to get it to work or what you did.

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Nov 27 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(Cresho @ Nov 27 2006, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE(BarryW @ Nov 27 2006, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Nov 26 2006, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE(BarryW @ Jun 18 2006, 09:59 PM)
Beats me.  I'm not a programmer.  I mostly just break stuff.

Yes and I can testify your honor! He basterdized the sl-6000 with twinkly lights! ph34r.gif

Anyway, Curious to see what this does cuz my c-3200 has no adhoc and cannot make it work with previous wifi sniffers.

You need to get yourself an ambicom wifi card. Kismet works on my 3200.

ohh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks! I knew someone here had an answer. Does it support adhoc? and post all files needed to get it to work or what you did.

No clue on adhoc, never tried it. I'm running the latest cacko heavy rom, and it just works. It also works with pdax, and openZ. Okay, this is the right post... It is slightly modified though. Added a rp-sma connector to it so I could attach my directional antenna to it. It's probably not the strongest set up for it but I did fill the entire end with epoxy.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_1702.jpg ( 105.96K ) Number of downloads: 50

+Quote Post
wgabsd
post Nov 28 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 6,105

I'm the one that posted on the kistmetwireless.net forums about successfully compiling Wispy-Tools on the Zaurus. That was back in March.

I was using the most recent version of pdaXrom (at that time). I installed gcc, gcc-headers, make, pkgconfig, and libusb on my Zaurus from the feeds. After installing those, everything compiled fine. I did make a few tweaks to the source code to make it look better on the zaurus (changing the default font and screen size).

I'll try to find time to reinstall pdaXrom to make sure I can get it to successfully compile there. Since this is in the X/QT forum, I'm assuming the people in this thread want to get it to compile on a Sharp-like ROM? If I can get it to compile on pdaXrom then maybe it'll be easier for us to figure out what needs to be done to get it to work on Sharp ROMS.

- Ben

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Nov 28 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(wgabsd @ Nov 28 2006, 02:00 AM)
I'm the one that posted on the kistmetwireless.net forums about successfully compiling Wispy-Tools on the Zaurus. That was back in March.

I was using the most recent version of pdaXrom (at that time). I installed gcc, gcc-headers, make, pkgconfig, and libusb on my Zaurus from the feeds. After installing those, everything compiled fine. I did make a few tweaks to the source code to make it look better on the zaurus (changing the default font and screen size).

I'll try to find time to reinstall pdaXrom to make sure I can get it to successfully compile there. Since this is in the X/QT forum, I'm assuming the people in this thread want to get it to compile on a Sharp-like ROM? If I can get it to compile on pdaXrom then maybe it'll be easier for us to figure out what needs to be done to get it to work on Sharp ROMS.

- Ben

Cool! Thanks dude.

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Jan 1 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(wgabsd @ Nov 28 2006, 02:00 AM)

- Ben

Hey, if you're still floating around, what lines did you edit?? I got it running on my Z running pdax, but it is a bit bigger than the display can show.

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Jan 1 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #39

Okay, I've figured out how to get it to fit the screen, but I can't quite figure out how to get the text right.

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Jan 21 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #40

Okay, got it working!!! I emailed wgabsd a question, he replied and that gave me the bump in the direction I needed. Only problem I have now is I don't know how to make an ipkg of it.... I also don't know if it will run in X/Qt. I've got it running in pdax. Here's the c file that I changed.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  wispy_gtk.c.zip ( 10.51K ) Number of downloads: 42

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Feb 19 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(BarryW @ Jan 21 2007, 01:52 PM)
Okay, got it working!!!  I emailed wgabsd a question, he replied and that gave me the bump in the direction I needed.  Only problem I have now is I don't know how to make an ipkg of it....  I also don't know if it will run in X/Qt.  I've got it running in pdax.  Here's the c file that I changed.

Hey Barry, this is GREAT news! Any chance you can just upload the binary (the actual executable)? I'll give it a try under Xqt. I've also asked Meanie if he will compile your modified c file for Xqt.

It would be great to get this guy going on my Z!

TIA,

Craig...

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Feb 20 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #42

QUOTE(cvmiller @ Feb 19 2007, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE(BarryW @ Jan 21 2007, 01:52 PM)
Okay, got it working!!!  I emailed wgabsd a question, he replied and that gave me the bump in the direction I needed.  Only problem I have now is I don't know how to make an ipkg of it....  I also don't know if it will run in X/Qt.  I've got it running in pdax.  Here's the c file that I changed.

Hey Barry, this is GREAT news! Any chance you can just upload the binary (the actual executable)? I'll give it a try under Xqt. I've also asked Meanie if he will compile your modified c file for Xqt.

It would be great to get this guy going on my Z!

TIA,

Craig...

Here ya go. It's all three binaries, wispy_gtk, wispy_curses, wispy_raw.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wispy_PDAX.zip ( 50.38K ) Number of downloads: 29

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Feb 20 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(BarryW @ Feb 20 2007, 10:27 AM)
Here ya go.  It's all three binaries, wispy_gtk, wispy_curses, wispy_raw.

Thanks Barry. Unfortunately, it is a no go. Meanie mentioned that PDAXrom uses a 2.6 kernel, and that is why it is working for you. I am not quite ready to give up my QT just yet. So I'll have to continue using my WiSpy on my linux laptop.

Thanks,

Craig...

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Feb 20 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(cvmiller @ Feb 20 2007, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE(BarryW @ Feb 20 2007, 10:27 AM)

Here ya go.  It's all three binaries, wispy_gtk, wispy_curses, wispy_raw.

Thanks Barry. Unfortunately, it is a no go. Meanie mentioned that PDAXrom uses a 2.6 kernel, and that is why it is working for you. I am not quite ready to give up my QT just yet. So I'll have to continue using my WiSpy on my linux laptop.

Thanks,

Craig...

Hey, it was worth a shot..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 09:58 PM