OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Has The Forums Response Been Lately?
offroadgeek
post Jan 22 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Just wondering if the connectivity/response has gotten better over the last couple days? Are people still getting connection timeouts or mysql errors?

I'm just trying to see if we should consider moving the forums to another host, until the ibiblio servers gets straightened out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Jan 22 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,633

It's off and on still for me.

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Jan 22 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 208

Been a mixed bag for me since the forums moved.....

Sometimes Ok and other times not so good.

Today it has been very slow overall.

Also, not getting the emails the way I used to about new posts....

Only got one email today sent this morning. In the past, I'd usually, I'd get about 4-6 a day.

HTH,

Mark

+Quote Post
edl867
post Jan 23 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,025

Things seem okay today.

On another note is there a view only new posts capability onLo-Fi Version?

+Quote Post
dougeeebear
post Jan 23 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,959

Most of the time, it is very difficult (painful) for me. Once in a while it is ok. I most generally get as far as the OE Forums main screen without much trouble, but I seem to have the most problems when I select "View New Posts" or try to enter a specific forum.
I would say that more than 50% of the time it just hangs there. I click "Stop" then "Refresh" and I can see my modem sending out a packet, but nothing comes back.

It is working very well right now, so I thought I would post this message while I was able to get on.

By the way, good luck on your new venture. I know it must have been a very difficult decision (been there, done that).

Doug

+Quote Post
Greg2
post Jan 23 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 792

QUOTE(dougeeebear @ Jan 23 2005, 08:56 AM)
Most of the time, it is very difficult (painful) for me. Once in a while it is ok. I most generally get as far as the OE Forums main screen without much trouble, but I seem to have the most problems when I select "View New Posts" or try to enter a specific forum.
I would say that more than 50% of the time it just hangs there. I click "Stop" then "Refresh" and I can see my modem sending out a packet, but nothing comes back.

It is working very well right now, so I thought I would post this message while I was able to get on.

It's the same here for me in Maryland with my dail-up 56k... it has taken almost 3 hours to get on here today. If you are reading this it was my 3rd attempt at posting.

Greg sad.gif

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jan 23 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #7

OK... the move to ibiblio was supposed to be a good thing... not make it more difficult for people to access our resources.

I'm taking the forums down again today to move them to another hosting provider that I have (dreamhost). I can't move the sites back to my servers at home (because I'm moving smile.gif ).

I will post an announcement immediately and send out a mass email.

thanks all for your patience!

+Quote Post
ev1l
post Jan 25 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,774

Thanks for all the trouble. When you have some spare time, you might want to look at lighter/leaner forum software packages (like PunBB), which are much less taxing on the server, and also on people links.

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jan 25 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(ev1l @ Jan 25 2005, 08:47 AM)
Thanks for all the trouble. When you have some spare time, you might want to look at lighter/leaner forum software packages (like PunBB), which are much less taxing on the server, and also on people links.

I've already responded to your note about punbb in the other thread you posted abou it. We are NOT moving the forum to punbb.

I will continue to look for leaner skins (not forum software) for people to choose from.

+Quote Post
SNi
post Jan 26 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,682

Not a big deal, but if you've moved to dreamhost you might want to update the footers to reflect that.. no use giving ibiblio any credit if they didn't work out for you.
SNi

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Jan 25 2005, 09:15 AM)
I will continue to look for leaner skins (not forum software) for people to choose from.

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jan 26 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(SNi @ Jan 26 2005, 05:00 AM)
Not a big deal, but if you've moved to dreamhost you might want to update the footers to reflect that.. no use giving ibiblio any credit if they didn't work out for you.
SNi

"What you talking 'bout Willis?" Seriously though, we only have the 'hosted by ibiblio' footers on the ELSI which is still hosted by ibiblio. It was just the OESF wiki and forums that moved off (which I think I've removed the ibiblio stuff already...).

+Quote Post
ev1l
post Jan 26 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,774

Sorry for the double, then. And good to hear you're still looking for something a bit lighter smile.gif

+Quote Post
SNi
post Jan 27 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,682

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Jan 26 2005, 08:47 AM)
"What you talking 'bout Willis?"  Seriously though, we only have the 'hosted by ibiblio' footers on the ELSI which is still hosted by ibiblio.  It was just the OESF wiki and forums that moved off (which I think I've removed the ibiblio stuff already...).

My mistake, thought the whole site had moved, I was referring to the ELSI pages..
SNi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 02:03 PM