Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got myself a C860!
Surreal
post Sep 14 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,584

Yeah! I took the plunge and bought a C860! I've only had it for a couple days now, but it's been tons of fun to play with already. Well worth the money that I spent biggrin.gif

Thanks, StuBear, for the excellent conversion script. Very smooth conversion process, and I still have all the Japanese stuff! Take that sales lady! When I was buying my c860 from Yodobashi Umeda, the sales lady was convinced I shouldn't buy a Zaurus since it was all in Japanese, and no official English OS. I think I spent a good 10 minutes trying to argue with her to just sell it to me... rolleyes.gif Now that I have my Zaurus, I can work on improving my Japanese too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Sep 14 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,633

Congrats! It's a whole world of fun now

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Sep 14 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,794

Congratulations!! and welcome to the Z community. I just upgraded from an sl-5500 to sl-5600 myself. I would love to have been able to afford a C-860. Keep your eyes on the "Deals and Great Z buys" section of this forum. Members have saved me a mint by posting incredible sales on wifi cards, sd cards, and other accessories.

+Quote Post
VeeDubb
post Sep 14 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 698

I hate you now.

j/k lol Oh well, one of these days I'll be able to buy one. maybe I'll win the lottery.....

+Quote Post
xarope
post Sep 16 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,415

congratulations! Having had a C760 now for so long, I'm actually wondering if Sharp has a new model in the works...!

+Quote Post
waalkman
post Sep 25 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,284

Great! You're going to love it smile.gif

John

+Quote Post
TonyOlsen
post Sep 25 2004, 04:27 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,897

Congrats on earning your wings! cool.gif

How much are non-translated SL-C860s straight from Japan going for nowadays? smile.gif (I know I'm going to hate myself for asking that question, since I'm sure it's for much cheaper than what I spent on mine... but that's life... especially with technology rolleyes.gif )

smile.gif

The best Zaurus game to have on your new Z is Stratagus (OpenSource WarCraft 2). biggrin.gif If you ever install it we should all try playing online once with our Z's. cool.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
webdave
post Sep 25 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,583

QUOTE(TonyOlsen @ Sep 25 2004, 07:27 AM)
Congrats on earning your wings! cool.gif

How much are non-translated SL-C860s straight from Japan going for nowadays? smile.gif (I know I'm going to hate myself for asking that question, since I'm sure it's for much cheaper than what I spent on mine... but that's life... especially with technology rolleyes.gif )

smile.gif

The best Zaurus game to have on your new Z is Stratagus (OpenSource WarCraft 2). biggrin.gif If you ever install it we should all try playing online once with our Z's. cool.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

I got my 860 from PriceJapan.com for $581 shipped.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 04:14 PM