Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transcend Ultra Speed 4gb Sd - Us$43
Drake01
post Feb 6 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,483

Newegg has the Transcend Ultra Speed 4GB SD Card for US$42.99.

From the Transcend site:

Features
- Amazing data transfer rates: Up to 150X speeds (22.5MB/sec)
- Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors
- Supports In System Programming (ISP) to load firmware
- Support power down and sleep modes
- Mechanical Write Protection Switch
requirements
- Lifetime Warranty.

Not a bad price. I'm kicking myself for recently picking up a slower 4GB card for about the same price.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Feb 6 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,821

I went there, but couldn't find a store locater.
Are there any walk-in stores for newegg?

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Feb 7 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 6 2007, 11:19 PM)

I've always ordered online and had my orders shipped. I'm not aware of any brick-n-mortar stores in my area and I always had the impression that they were strictly an online retailer.

Shipping cost me $5 which, considering the price of gas lately, is not too bad. Of course, they seem to be located in OH, which isn't too far from me.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Feb 7 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Drake01 @ Feb 8 2007, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 6 2007, 11:19 PM)

I've always ordered online and had my orders shipped. I'm not aware of any brick-n-mortar stores in my area and I always had the impression that they were strictly an online retailer.

Shipping cost me $5 which, considering the price of gas lately, is not too bad. Of course, they seem to be located in OH, which isn't too far from me.

wasn't the idea of not having a brick and mortar based store that the consumer does not need to pay the state tax and thus gets things cheaper?

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Feb 7 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Meanie @ Feb 7 2007, 09:25 PM)
wasn't the idea of not having a brick and mortar based store that the consumer does not need to pay the state tax and thus gets things cheaper?

Pretty much. If the store has a physical presence in my state, they charge me sales tax. The sales tax on this item (which I did not have to pay) would probably have been around $3.50.

I ordered this from the comfort of my ergonomic computer chair. I didn't have to waste time and fuel driving to a store. I didn't have to wrap myself in several layers of clothing before braving the weather (my thermometer was reading -10F recently). I consider this a good deal.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Feb 7 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,821

Since they don't have a physical address, I cannot buy anything from them.
StreamlineCPUs accepts money orders sent through the postal system.
This is why I always end up buying my stuff at Staples, best buy, radio shack or other stores in my area.

+Quote Post
Snappy
post Feb 8 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,633

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 8 2007, 01:23 PM)
This is why I always end up buying my stuff at Staples, best buy, radio shack or other stores in my area.

I guess it's everyone's choice. I've been getting stuffs from them since 2003 without a hitch.

My last notebook ram from them was in Jan 2006 and it died on me a month or two ago. I sent in for RMA last month (Jan07) since it got lifetime warranty. Reached them in 2 days via Priority Mail. They updated the status online within a day.

Within about a week to 10 days after I posted the ram for RMA, I was told that they will be giving me a full refund minus original shipping as they do not have stock of it and are not carrying it anymore.

Today, the full refund had been updated in my credit card account. Sweet. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Feb 8 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,316

QUOTE(Snappy @ Feb 8 2007, 03:53 AM)
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 8 2007, 01:23 PM)

I guess it's everyone's choice. I've been getting stuffs from them since 2003 without a hitch.

My last notebook ram from them was in Jan 2006 and it died on me a month or two ago. I sent in for RMA last month (Jan07) since it got lifetime warranty. Reached them in 2 days via Priority Mail. They updated the status online within a day.

Within about a week to 10 days after I posted the ram for RMA, I was told that they will be giving me a full refund minus original shipping as they do not have stock of it and are not carrying it anymore.

Today, the full refund had been updated in my credit card account. Sweet. smile.gif

I agree that Newegg is one of the better online retailers, been using them for the past 2 years and have never had a problem with their products, shipping, or service.

However one to watch out for is Tigerdirect, From the past 2 times I have used them the products arrived defective, and when I have called their customer service...they gave me the runaround, and treated me like I did not know anything.

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Feb 8 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Feb 8 2007, 12:23 AM)

I purchase from Newegg relatively frequently and have never had a problem. I know a few friends and coworkers who also purchase from them and I have never heard of a complaint.

You could try contacting them and asking if they would take a phone order or mail order. I've never looked into that, myself.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 05:25 PM