6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SL-6000 carry cases
cradlinski
post May 7 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,104

Can anyone recommend a good belt-clip carrying case for the SL-6000?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post May 7 2004, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,468

Great question! I've been using an old iPaq case, but it's not a great fit. Hopefully someone else will have a good suggestion.

+Quote Post
duffman
post May 7 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,925

I've also been looking, I don't think there's anything out for it just yet, until then I've been carrying it in my shirt pocket.

+Quote Post
cradlinski
post May 7 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #4

All of the large universal carrying cases I've found top out at around 5.5".

+Quote Post
Ethereal
post May 10 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,914

I've been using an old iPaq case.

For which iPaq?

+Quote Post
champ
post May 11 2004, 09:31 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,323

I bought a Sumdex HDP-165BK at Micro Center. It was around $25. I was amazed at the fit. More than big enough for the SL-6000, with about a half-inch to spare. It has plenty of pockets, credit card slots, etc. A couple outside pockets could easily hold compactflash cards. You can attach velcro to the back of the Zaurus to have it permanently attached, but I've left it loose for now. I've used Sumdex cases before and they hold up well. I wouldn't mind one without the outside pockets so it would be a bit less bulky, but this model is worth checking out.

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post May 11 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,468

I use the case that came with my original 3650. It holds the Zaurus (or just about any other PDA) because it has a long velcroed flap that loops over the top. It's been a good all-purpose case, I've used it with about 5 PDAs so far...

+Quote Post
nevarrie
post May 11 2004, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,112

PDA Pivot looks like it could be something to uses with a 6000. Though when I think about how hard I ahve been on every holster I have owned from my Visors/Treos I wonder how well this would work. But then again I have always ended up redesigning and rebuilding every holster I have owned for a PDA. Though this might be my startedin point for my 6000.

+Quote Post
nevarrie
post May 11 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,112

The other holster I am looking at for my 6000 would be the e-holster. Though I am not sure if I really need something like this since I am usually at a desk all day. Now if I was still wearing a suit and always walking about I think this would be a great wayt o hide all of my electronics. Also I like the idea of being able to reach in and take out my PDA like I was a gangster in an old thirty style more....

+Quote Post
cradlinski
post May 11 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #10

:shock: Wow! That is the nerdiest thing I've ever seen...

+Quote Post
coolass
post May 11 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,852

I AGREE.Can you imagime taking off all that gear before putting on a seat belt.

+Quote Post
russelld
post May 11 2004, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,983

Hi, the nutshell company (http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/Products.htm) in New Zeland has a great variety of cases and one should fit the sl-6000. They give you all the dimensions. If you find one that fits let me know what you think.

+Quote Post
zman
post May 12 2004, 04:31 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,974

The other holster I am looking at for my 6000 would be the e-holster.  Though I am not sure if I really need something like this since I am usually at a desk all day.  Now if I was still wearing a suit and always walking about I think this would be a great wayt o hide all of my electronics.  Also I like the idea of being able to reach in and take out my PDA like I was a gangster in an old thirty style more....

Plus, you can have a lot of fun at airports laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
pcgamingsolution...
post Sep 6 2004, 08:03 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 4,273

I'm scared to take my Z outside of the house without a case, but can't seem to find anything for it yet. There was another thread here about a case in development, but apparently it didn't pan out. The closest thing I have found is for the 5500:

http://www.pielframa.com/Sharp.Zaurus.htm

I'm thinking the 6000 is too big to fit in this? I do like this design because of the belt clip (required) and the bottom is open so you can use the keyboard while keeping it in the case. Has anyone else seen a case designed for the 6000 or have a universal PDA case with a belt clip/loop that works with the 6000?

+Quote Post
gdog
post Sep 8 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 4,111

The Pelican 1040 Micro case fits pretty well, and only costs about $16USD (with the pick and pluck foam). It can be found in many places, is waterproof, crushproof and dustproof. Kind of bulky but you don't have to worry about your Z while it's in it providing you add a bit of foam to keep the Z from moving around in the case. I bought mine here

http://www.meiresearch.com/product_detail-3977.asp

Before buying one of the Pelicans I bought one of these and added some foam to surround my Z in it. It is much less bulky but the latch is not very secure and the case itself is not waterproof, dustproof or as solid as the Pelican. Nice case though.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp...words=moneyclip

Good luck,

gdog

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 12:02 AM