Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emacs And Clisp Packages
jjorgens
post Sep 3 2005, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,022

Please find ipkgs for a console emacs (no x11 or qtopia yet) and clisp at http://www.2gn.com/~jjorgens/zaurus/feed/

For those who are unfamiliar with these packages, here are some brief descriptions.

emacs is an editor that contains a lisp interpreter, mail/news reader, IDE (for many languages), and optionally a web browser. This package is not GUIfied, so you should simply run emacs in a terminal window. It is a very large package compared to other zaurus packages, so make sure you have room before installing it. This build installs in /usr/local which is probably ill-behaved. This package requires libncurses4, although it is not in the dependencies list.

clisp is a common lisp implementation. It seems to be fairly ANSI Common Lisp compliant. This clisp package requires libreadline5 (which is also in the feed).

These packages were compiled on my SL-C3000 with no special flags. Both packages run fine on my zaurus with its big disk, but I don't claim that it will run properly on any other zaurus. That said, if you run these packages, please let me know how you fared.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
andrewmaier
post Oct 5 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 370

Cool,

I was just going to compile clisp myself. when I discovered your posting. Thanks for the packages.

Andrew

+Quote Post
astrodelgato
post Oct 11 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,295

Thanks for the packages!

Has anyone figured out how to get font-lock to work with console Emacs on the Z? It seems to only do things like underline or inverse video. I can't get more colors. I've tried Terminal and Qkonsole, both of which can display a variety of colors when I 'ls'.

+Quote Post
astrodelgato
post Oct 13 2005, 05:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,295

I added

CODE
export TERM=linux

to /home/zaurus/.bashrc and now I have pretty colors in Emacs. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 07:11 PM