OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Media Player In Oz 3.5.3, Does it work?
jomo
post Jun 20 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,324

Howdy, folks,
I had installed Opie/Oz 3.5.2 on my Z (SL-C860) but could never get Mediaplayer to work. wink.gif Every time I used it, I would hear clicking and popping noises. Reading the articles here, I got the impression that there were outstanding issues with Mediaplayer. I LIKED Opie, but not having a media player was kind of a deal-breaker for me, so I switched to Cacko. I'd like to give 3.5.3 a try, but I was wondering if Mediaplayer was working now? Has anyone here got it working?

--Jomo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
malcolmxavier
post Jun 20 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,248

QUOTE(jomo @ Jun 20 2005, 05:32 PM)
Howdy, folks,
  I had installed Opie/Oz 3.5.2 on my Z (SL-C860) but could never get Mediaplayer to work.  wink.gif  Every time I used it, I would hear clicking and popping noises.  Reading the articles here, I got the impression that there were outstanding issues with Mediaplayer.  I LIKED Opie, but not having a media player was kind of a deal-breaker for me, so I switched to Cacko.  I'd like to give 3.5.3 a try, but I was wondering if Mediaplayer was working now?  Has anyone here got it working?

--Jomo

Try using mplayer with these options "-ac mad -ao oss" and it should make the ticking go away.

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...&hl=mediaplayer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 07:09 AM