Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iripdb
bam
post Jan 19 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,306

for use with the iriver h1xx series, can anyone compile this for the stock rom? I will donate 20.00 to anyone who can get this to work(stock rom of course)

source here http://packages.debian.org/testing/sound/iripdb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
melee
post Feb 26 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,651

QUOTE(bam @ Jan 19 2006, 09:17 AM)
for use with the iriver h1xx series, can anyone compile this for the stock rom? I will donate 20.00 to anyone who can get this to work(stock rom of course)

source here http://packages.debian.org/testing/sound/iripdb

Hi,

I have compiled iripdb for arm processor using the Sharp tool chain a la Embedix.
The biggest problem was getting the taglib library it relies upon built for arm, but got there eventually after judicious editing of includes.

It runs on my C860, but as I don't have an iRiver device, that is about as far as I can go.

I was a bit at a loss initially to know what use it would be on a Z.
I am guessing the iRiver uses removable storage which can be swapped into the Z, dont know how else it could be connected.

The package can be downloaded From Here

The version number of the iripdb it was built from was 0.1.3, the version 1.0 in the package was to overcome problems with ipkg which kept having difficulty with a leading 0 in the version for some reason.

Hope this does what you want, look forward to forwarding your donation of 20 Mongolian zyyrkuks (0.002 cents) to a suitable charity!

regards

Melee

+Quote Post
bam
post Feb 26 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #3

brilliant, cant wait to test this out, the hdd in my iRiver died 2 days ago, so ordered a 30GB hdd to replace it. Actually it builds the iRiver player database so that the player can organize the music, it also "appears as a usb hdd on the zaurus as well, great for backups or whatever else you want, too bad iRiver doesnt produce it anymore, but good news is you can pick a 20gb up on e-bay for less than $200.00(usd), and if your hdd dies, upgrade to 30gb for another...$135.00

+Quote Post
bam
post Mar 1 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #4

absolutely works PERFECT! only took 5 minutes to build a database of about 17GB of music, on my zaurus......BTW guys, the iRiver H1XX series looks like an external hdd self powered mp3 player, you can find em on e-bay for around 200.00(usd) and you can upgrade the hdd(like I did) for about 100.00, so you have a 30GB mp3 player that also doubles as an external hdd(for movies or whatever)

also Melee, what charity is your favorite, I will be sure and donate in your name. Thank you very much, this made my day. Also I will be hosting this on my site as well(with all the appropriate credits of course)

+Quote Post
melee
post Mar 2 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,651

QUOTE(bam @ Mar 1 2006, 08:07 PM)
absolutely works PERFECT! only took 5 minutes to build a database of about 17GB of music, on my zaurus......

also Melee, what charity is your favorite, I will be sure and donate in your name. Thank you very much, this made my day.

Glad it does what you want

A donation to the below link would be appreciated ( my father died of it )
Prostate-Cancer UK

regards

Melee

+Quote Post
bam
post Mar 2 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #6

consider it donated!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:46 PM