Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Simpad As Remote Controll, HowTo and Problem
fgianardi
post Jun 13 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,253

Hi to all,
I'm asking the help of comunity to solve a problem.
I've manage to compile lirc for simpad to create a remote controll for my Home Theater System, using last angstrom/openembedded release [stable/2009].

For any one interested, compilation exit with error for linux kernel and lirc-modules packages.

Linux compilation error, depend on variation of default _POSIX_C_SOURCE level in glibc version. Simply change any occurence of "getline" to "parseline" in angstrom-dev/work/simpad-angstrom-linux/linux-2.6.24-r26/linux-2.6.24/scripts/unifdef.c file.

Lirc compilation error is only a typo error:
you need to modify "reetval" to "retval" [ only one occurence ] in angstrom-dev/work/simpad-angstrom-linux/lirc-modules-0.8.5-/lirc-0.8.5/drivers/lirc_sir/lirc_sir.c file.

After flashing image and installing lirc package everyting work like a charms, but ir signals aren't sended.

I don't understand if is a hardware or software problem, so i don't know how to debug this thing.

Some one can help me?

Thank to all,
fgianardi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fgianardi
post Jun 23 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Hi all,
Only after my post i realized that if someone want help me, it need to use the same software i use. In addition one may not know, have no desire or time to compile the stable 2009 tree of OpenEmbedded/Angstrom.

Work has not left me enough time to follow this project. But now I have a bit of time.

In the next days i can release 2009/stable simpad images and all packages required in order to install LIRC.

If you think it can be useful, please reply this post.

Regards,
fgianardi.

+Quote Post
fgianardi
post Jun 23 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #3

OK!! In attach you can find console and opie images [ gpe & X11 comming soon... ] form stable 2009 release!!
In the next post I will put packages for LIRC and opie-remote [not very stable].

fgianardi
Attached File(s)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:46 AM