Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Check For File Existence In Oe
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 4 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,385

I'm trying to compile scim-anthy in OpenEmbedded.

I've searched a lot in the OpenEmbedded wiki, but didn't really find a primer on creating Bitbake BB files for projects.

So what I did, I took the nano bb file and modified it for scim-anthy. Scim-anthy requires scim, so created also a file for scim.

Now, when I run "bitbake scim-anthy" it starts logically with downloading scim, then runs configure. So far so good, but configure bombs:
CODE
checking fo /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/tldp-html.xsl... configure: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
FATAL: oe_runconf failed

Is this something I should set in the bb file? Or how do I satisfy the check?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 5 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #2

I'm getting really desperate with this, I've fiddled with it all night, and nothing. I thought it'll be relatively easy, wrote a patch which removed the exit 1 command after the check for the files, so even if it said that it can't check when crosscompiling, it would go through...

But then for some reason I can't seem to get it to apply the patch, it bombs with the same error, though I did specify the patch in the bb file, but I see that the configure file that it runs is unpatched...

So I edited the configure file locally, made the bb point to a local file, but lo and behold when it ran the configure was again reversed. How the hell!!! Could it somehowe be configuring itself on the fly and fixing this? Ridicilous isn't it.

So I thought it was pulling the old configure somewhere from a cache, so deleted everything I could think of, but still no go...

I'm thinking, maybe if I could run the individual bitbake commands step by step, i.e. the file is already unzipped in the tmp/work directory... So... I could edit the configure by hand, and then if I could issue whatever bitbake issues to configure, then to build, then to package, I'd get it done...

Is this the way to go?

I think I'm going crazy over this. I'd give up, but it's not letting go, I mean I can't be this stupid not to get it done.

Can I do it in steps like this? If so, I didn't find anywhere what the commans for bitbake would be? Or should I tackle this in another way?

Man, I can't believe I lost a whole night of sleep and now would let this pass. Oh no!

+Quote Post
koen
post Jun 5 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,107

QUOTE(ShiroiKuma @ Jun 5 2006, 09:22 AM)
I'm getting really desperate with this, I've fiddled with it all night, and nothing. I thought it'll be relatively easy, wrote a patch which removed the exit 1 command after the check for the files, so even if it said that it can't check when crosscompiling, it would go through...

But then for some reason I can't seem to get it to apply the patch, it bombs with the same error, though I did specify the patch in the bb file, but I see that the configure file that it runs is unpatched...

So I edited the configure file locally, made the bb point to a local file, but lo and behold when it ran the configure was again reversed. How the hell!!! Could it somehowe be configuring itself on the fly and fixing this? Ridicilous isn't it.

So I thought it was pulling the old configure somewhere from a cache, so deleted everything I could think of, but still no go...

I'm thinking, maybe if I could run the individual bitbake commands step by step, i.e. the file is already unzipped in the tmp/work directory... So... I could edit the configure by hand, and then if I could issue whatever bitbake issues to configure, then to build, then to package, I'd get it done...

Is this the way to go?

I think I'm going crazy over this. I'd give up, but it's not letting go, I mean I can't be this stupid not to get it done.

Can I do it in steps like this? If so, I didn't find anywhere what the commans for bitbake would be? Or should I tackle this in another way?

Man, I can't believe I lost a whole night of sleep and now would let this pass. Oh no!

configure is runtime generate by autoreconf in autotools.bbclass, you want to patch configure.in or configure.ac

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 5 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(koen @ Jun 5 2006, 10:26 AM)
configure is runtime generate by autoreconf in autotools.bbclass, you want to patch configure.in or configure.ac

All right! Thanks my man! I thought I was having visions or something, as it kept coming back. Now at least I have another sleepless night to look forward to smile.gif

+Quote Post
lardman
post Jun 5 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 464

You'll also get answers faster by asking on #oe (irc) smile.gif

Si

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 5 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(lardman @ Jun 5 2006, 11:53 AM)
You'll also get answers faster by asking on #oe (irc) smile.gif

Almost there, should be online soon... smile.gif

+Quote Post
ShiroiKuma
post Jun 5 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(koen @ Jun 5 2006, 10:26 AM)

It works! Removed the file check and got through... smile.gif

However now, I've got a more serious problem, which I don't know what to do about. Configure still fails later, with:
CODE
| configure: error:
| *** SCIM requires
| ***      sizeof (unsigned short int)  == 2
| ***      sizeof (char)                == 1
| *** You might want to consider using the GNU C compiler.
|
| FATAL: oe_runconf failed

I've found nothing on the web about this, and this is the GNU C compiler, aint't it? How can I satisfy this check?

+Quote Post
lardman
post Jun 6 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 464

If configure's trying to create a binary to test this assumption, it won't work when using a cross-toolchain, therefore there are things called site files which are used to determine these values without trying to run the binary.

This may be your problem here (though I don't know much about it I'm afraid)

Si

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:50 PM