OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zroadmap, where to find latest version ipk?
tombraider
post Jan 26 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,590

I only have Florida, North Carolina, Georgia,Tennessee, California and New York, I think.

QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 26 2006, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE(tombraider @ Jan 25 2006, 05:31 PM)
I'm using the old old 1.0 version successfully on my C1000.  Have not tried GPS because I don't have one for my C1000.  I do use the old Radio Shack Digitraveler with my SL-5500 old us rdm and odl maps - works great.

I also would be interested in more development on Zroadmap.  Can you give  a donation link so I can help out and encourage the original developer and any others?

Thanks.

QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 25 2006, 08:56 PM)
I tried to compile roadmap on cross development environment and falied, also tried on my sl-c3100 and missing a header file...  if any knows a way, or the full source with QPE code all there, please let me know

what maps do you have? i would to get all of the maps for the USA, mostly will use colorado as I live there.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ant
post Jan 26 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,270

Is this a newer version?

http://www.halcyon.com/wturner/zroadmap_1....-r2_armv5te.ipk

+Quote Post
dbowden
post Jan 26 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,194

QUOTE(ant @ Jan 26 2006, 09:34 AM)

I was just looking at that too. It appears to be a version for OpenZaurus. I don't think it'll work under the Sharp ROMs.

David

+Quote Post
dbowden
post Jan 26 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,194

QUOTE(javahack @ Jan 26 2006, 09:22 AM)
what maps do you have? i would to get all of the maps for the USA, mostly will use colorado as I live there.

I believe all the US maps are currently available here.

David

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 26 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 8,821

javahack,
The link that dbowden posted is the same place that I got my Illinois map from. Also make sure you download a file called "usdir.rdm.tgz.gz" (It has "usdir.rdm" inside the archive, which is used as an index file for all the State files). It should be at the bottom of the page where the other files are located.
ant,
I tried that version. It doesn't appear in the install dialog when loaded onto a SD card.
I use Cacko 1.23. I think "armv5te" means it is for pdaXrom, or like dbowden mentioned, it's "a version for OpenZaurus"

I downloaded the "i686 linux version" of "roadmap", not "zroadmap" to get the small utilities I mentioned in my last post:
buildmap & buildus
I tried to install the program onto my other computer, which has "damn small linux" on it. DSL linux won't let me install it, so now I'm downloading an ISO of Debian linux. I download overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't have any linux machines, other than my Zaurus. I want to get the above program installed, so I can try those 2 utilities which I mentioned.

Jon

+Quote Post
javahack
post Jan 26 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,349

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 08:54 AM)
javahack,
The link that dbowden posted is the same place that I got my Illinois map from. Also make sure you download a file called "usdir.rdm.tgz.gz" (It has "usdir.rdm" inside the archive, which is used as an index file for all the State files). It should be at the bottom of the page where the other files are located.
ant,
I tried that version. It doesn't appear in the install dialog when loaded onto a SD card.
I use Cacko 1.23. I think "armv5te" means it is for pdaXrom, or like dbowden mentioned, it's "a version for OpenZaurus"

I downloaded the "i686 linux version" of "roadmap", not "zroadmap" to get the small utilities I mentioned in my last post:
buildmap & buildus
I tried to install the program onto my other computer, which has "damn small linux" on it. DSL linux won't let me install it, so now I'm downloading an ISO of Debian linux. I download overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't have any linux machines, other than my Zaurus. I want to get the above program installed, so I can try those 2 utilities which I mentioned.

Jon

let me know if you get cacko + roadmap working with maps, i am trying again now and post again when i know if it works.

+Quote Post
javahack
post Jan 26 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #22

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 08:54 AM)
javahack,
ant,

buildmap & buildus

Jon

thanks for the help, I got zroadmap_1_0_8 working with the old maps now !!!

cool, now I have qpegps and roadmap working (i like to not stick to only one software solution for the things I do).

Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 26 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,821

where did you find zroadmap_1_0_8?
all newer versions I see are "roadmap", and not "zroadmap"

Thank you,
Jon

+Quote Post
javahack
post Jan 26 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 26 2006, 02:54 PM)
where did you find zroadmap_1_0_8?
all newer versions I see are "roadmap", and not "zroadmap"

Thank you,
Jon

sorry i mean roadmap_1_0_2 (zroadmap)

... at some point i want to compile roadmap 1_0_8 or above for the z (QPE and X/GTK)

+Quote Post
mbaush
post Feb 3 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,765

Anyone managed to make it work on CX models ?

I've downloaded :
http://www.halcyon.com/wturner/zroadmap_1....-r2_armv5te.ipk

and I'm getting the following error:

bash-2.05# ipkg install zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk

zcat: zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk: not in gzip format

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
ipkg_install_file: ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz from zroadmap_1.0.12-r2_armv5te.ipk

Anything I'm missing ?

+Quote Post
s3ah0kzz
post Feb 3 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 8,980

mbaush,
Are you planning to use it for maps for Quebec? (out of curiosity)

+Quote Post
tombraider
post Feb 3 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #27

I have an old version working on my C1000 - it's zroadmap_1.0_2_arm.ipk. I'm attaching it to this message in case you would like to try it. It works with the older maps - don't know if it works with the new ones.

I'm also attaching the old usdir file which is needed to get zroadmap to work with any US maps. I had to name it usdir.rdm.zip in order to upload it to the forum so be SURE to rename it to usdir.rdm before you put it on your Zaurus.

QUOTE(mbaush @ Feb 3 2006, 07:21 PM)
Anyone managed to make it work on CX models ?

Attached File  zroadmap_1.0_2_arm.ipk ( 124.13K ) Number of downloads: 67

Attached File(s)
Attached File  usdir.rdm.zip ( 904.71K ) Number of downloads: 100

+Quote Post
bam
post Feb 3 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 7,306

so this works with cacko and the new maps?

+Quote Post
tombraider
post Feb 4 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #29

When I first installed Cacko on my C1000, I tried various versions of the zroadmap ipk and when I hit on one that worked, I stopped soooo, other ipks may work, but the only one I am SURE works cuz it's working on my C1000 is the one I uploaded above. I also am using the OLD maps because I happened to have them; didn't even KNOW there were NEW maps so I have NOT tried ANY new maps with my setup.

All I do is look up addresses with the zroadmap install I have on the C1000. On my SL-5500, I have qpeGPS installed and use a Digitraveler from Radio Shack (they no longer sell them) with a custom cable which I bought on Ebay from someone and so can use the GPS features on THAT Zaurus.

Zroadmap has an arrow on the screen which tracks your travel when you use it in a car and the names of the roads and intersections pop up on the screen as you pass them....very neat. The only thing I could never get to work with it is the voice. Flite always reads just the first intersection and then never "speaks" again. sad.gif

QUOTE(bam @ Feb 4 2006, 02:01 AM)
so this works with cacko and the new maps?

+Quote Post
xjqian
post Feb 4 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,478

QUOTE(tombraider @ Feb 4 2006, 07:10 PM)
All I do is look up addresses with the zroadmap install I have on the C1000.  On my SL-5500,  I have qpeGPS installed and use a Digitraveler from Radio Shack (they no longer sell them) with a custom cable which I bought on Ebay from someone and so can use the GPS features on THAT Zaurus.

Zroadmap has an arrow on the screen which tracks your travel when you use it in a car and the names of the roads and intersections pop up on the screen as you pass them....very neat.  The only thing I could never get to work with it is the voice.  Flite always reads just the first intersection and then never "speaks" again.  sad.gif

Sorry, but I'm confused. The arrow on the screen tracking your travel is on the screen of SL-5500, not C1000? And the reason is ..., you can't get GPS to work with C1000? or i'm totally off the track

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 05:55 AM