OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cacko 1.23 For 860, anyone else running it?
speculatrix
post Nov 7 2005, 06:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

having been watching the cxx00 forums, I saw that Cacko 1.23 which was primarily developed for them was also built for the 7xx and 860, so I took the plunge at the weekend.

no problems found (except that my backup wasn't as comprehensive as I thought, d'oh!)

nothing's astonishingly different, but it does seem a tad quicker (playback of video doesn't seem to require overclocking in kino2, for example, so perhaps the tetsu custom kernel stuff has made a difference).

has anyone else tried and has any comments?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tg
post Nov 7 2005, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,230

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 7 2005, 09:50 AM)
having been watching the cxx00 forums, I saw that Cacko 1.23 which was primarily developed for them was also built for the 7xx and 860, so I took the plunge at the weekend.

no problems found (except that my backup wasn't as comprehensive as I thought, d'oh!)

nothing's astonishingly different, but it does seem a tad quicker (playback of video doesn't seem to require overclocking in kino2, for example, so perhaps the tetsu custom kernel stuff has made a difference).

has anyone else tried and has any comments?

I have 860 as well and have been running 1.22 up until this weekend. My initial observations about 1.23 are same as yours - seems slightly faster but other that that I don't see much difference from 1.22. One key app I have not tried yet is kino2 - I gave up on it some time ago since it was very unstable and locking up my machine - and was not displaying id tags for mp3's (encoded in itunes). I will take another look into whether this works better now - if so my ipod mini will be retired and passed on to my kids.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 7 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

am using it now, in bed with netfront browser and wlan.

i can download playlists for inet radio stations from shoutcastcom and play them with kino2. provided i get enuff signal to get 1mbps, radio quality is q good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 08:17 AM