OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing To Sd - Double Slash Problem?, Installing to SD in 3.5.4.1-rc2 fails
gepeto
post May 3 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,193

So the setup is:

I have a SD card (2gig) in a c700. Had to put the latest rc of OZ to get the 2gig card working, works like a charm now!

Partition 1 = 64meg swap
Partition 2 = ext3, rest of the space, mounted in /media/card...

When I try to install a package in the package manager to a destiation I created and called "SD", pointing to /media/card, it downloads the package, installs it, but when trying to make the links, it fails, apparently because there is a double slash at the beginning of the path of the link..

Any idea ?

I haven't tried this in 3.5.4 as my 2gig card didn't seem to work...so I can't be 100% sure this is a release candidate bug, which is why I haven't posted in the main testing thread..

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
radioz
post May 3 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,962

In 3.5.3 I had a similar problem with an SD card that had 2 partitions. The problem then was that the /etc/sdcontrol (I think; I don't have it in front of me) script was not very smart about which partition to use. I think it has to do with which partition is mounted to /media/card vs /media/card1.

Do a 'df' to see if both partitions got mounted. Maybe you could change ipkg.conf so that the 'SD' specifier pointed to the correct partition.

good luck,
radioz

+Quote Post
gepeto
post May 3 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,193

QUOTE(radioz @ May 3 2006, 11:43 AM)
In 3.5.3 I had a similar problem with an SD card that had 2 partitions. The problem then was that the /etc/sdcontrol (I think; I don't have it in front of me) script was not very smart about which partition to use. I think it has to do with which partition is mounted to /media/card vs /media/card1.

Do a 'df' to see if both partitions got mounted. Maybe you could change ipkg.conf so that the 'SD' specifier pointed to the correct partition.

good luck,
radioz

Partitions are mounted and files get installed properly...

In ipkg.conf I have
dest SD /media/card

(which is the right place where I want the stuff to be )

I do not have a sdcontrol file in etc..

I have no means of transferring the log file at work (Wifi not fully setup yet) but basically it goes like...Downloading file...configuring package...2nd package...then

Linking packages installed in : SD

Error linking /media/card/opt/QtPalmtop/blablabla to "//opt"QtPalmtop...blah"

I think the problem is the "//" before opt ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 09:22 PM