Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disable Alerts In Calendar, Disable alerts in Calendar
gpinkham
post Jun 8 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,169

Does any one know how to globally disable alerts in the calendar? I sync with my windows desktop (M$ Outlook) which I want to alert me when a meeting/appointment is approaching but I do not want my Z to also do this. I only want the entry of them in my Z's calendar so that I know my schedule at all times. The alerts are just killing my batteries (I don't always have it with me so the Z turns on (Resumes) for the alert and I'm not there to suspend it (obviously it does this on it's own but it's still a waste battery life which my 4 year old Z doesn't have much of anymore)

Thanks!
Gary

SL500 with
OZ: 3.5.4
Opie: 1.2.2
Kernel: 2.4.18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gpinkham
post Jul 31 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,169

QUOTE(gpinkham @ Jun 8 2006, 03:14 PM)
Does any one know how to globally disable alerts in the calendar?  I sync with my windows desktop (M$ Outlook) which I want to alert me when a meeting/appointment is approaching but I do not want my Z to also do this.  I only want the entry of them in my Z's calendar so that I know my schedule at all times.  The alerts are just killing my batteries (I don't always have it with me so the Z turns on (Resumes) for the alert and I'm not there to suspend it (obviously it does this on it's own but it's still a waste battery life which my 4 year old Z doesn't have much of anymore)

Thanks!
Gary

SL500 with
OZ:      3.5.4
Opie:    1.2.2
Kernel: 2.4.18

Still hoping someone knows how to do this. I was thinking there must be some sort of deamon that gets started that waits for a calendar event to trigger the alert but I'm not sure what/where it is to disable it. Any help would be great!!!

Gary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:07 PM