Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sl_c3200 Sleeps And Won't Wake Back Up
band-aid
post Aug 25 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,631

If I leave my SL_C3200 on for a while it sleeps, as it should. But when I try to wake it back up the screen will not come back on. The battery reports 40% at this time. I know that it is in fact awake because the Ambicom wireless card I have begins blinking. I am running Angstrom test-20070814. Thanks for the help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Aug 28 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(band-aid @ Aug 25 2007, 06:28 PM)
If I leave my SL_C3200 on for a while it sleeps, as it should. But when I try to wake it back up the screen will not come back on. The battery reports 40% at this time. I know that it is in fact awake because the Ambicom wireless card I have begins blinking. I am running Angstrom test-20070814. Thanks for the help.

I found this problem could be cured by creating scripts in the APM dirs so that when the zaurus unsuspends, the hinge opens or is rotated, it will restore the screen state - brightness and LCD on.

So, when I unsuspend, sometimes the display flashes on then goes out, and I simply close the lid and open it, and the Z is back.

I posted the scripts to the angstrom mailing list a while back.

+Quote Post
band-aid
post Sep 3 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,631

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Aug 28 2007, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE(band-aid @ Aug 25 2007, 06:28 PM)

I found this problem could be cured by creating scripts in the APM dirs so that when the zaurus unsuspends, the hinge opens or is rotated, it will restore the screen state - brightness and LCD on.

So, when I unsuspend, sometimes the display flashes on then goes out, and I simply close the lid and open it, and the Z is back.

I posted the scripts to the angstrom mailing list a while back.

Any chance you could paste in an example of one of these scripts here? Knowing my luck I'd screw something up and end up with a script that turns the brightness to zero whenever the screen is opened or rotated.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 3 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #4

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angst...une/000312.html

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 4 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #5

I also added my backlight recovery and screen on code to the zaurusd resume script as I too sometimes find it will not resume cleanly - it seems to help, otherwise I'd have to close and reopen the lid to trigger the other scripts!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:07 AM