OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bluetooth - Sdptool Browse, Is there a Windows equivalent?
Jon_J
post May 23 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

I've been reading a lot lately on bluetooth and how it works.
The Linux command "sdptool browse" returns a lot of useful info about BT devices within range of the enquiring BT device.
For the life of me, I haven't found a command in windows/dos that gives the same information.
I've googled for commands in windows and widcomm software, but there doesn't seem to be any commands as useful or informative as sdptool.
Where can BT commands, such as sdptool, be found for the commandline in windows?
On my windows setup, when I "discover" my Zaurus, it's shown only as a PDA with very few services. If I had sdptool browse, I could see all the details of these services.
Thank you,
Jon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jun 5 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Jon_J @ May 23 2006, 11:15 PM)
I've been reading a lot lately on bluetooth and how it works.
The Linux command "sdptool browse" returns a lot of useful info about BT devices within range of the enquiring BT device.
For the life of me, I haven't found a command in windows/dos that gives the same information.
I've googled for commands in windows and widcomm software, but there doesn't seem to be any commands as useful or informative as sdptool.
Where can BT commands, such as sdptool, be found for the commandline in windows?
On my windows setup, when I "discover" my Zaurus, it's shown only as a PDA with very few services. If I had sdptool browse, I could see all the details of these services.
Thank you,
Jon

if you installed the full widcomm program suite, there's an exploration tool under "my bluetooth places". Be sure to set preferences to scan for neighboring devices regularly - every minute or so

p.s. you may need to enable extra things in the advance features. can't be too specific, sorry. but you won't find too much running on Zaurus anyway, unless you add them in yourself - such as PAN listener etc.

This post has been edited by speculatrix: Jun 5 2006, 11:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:03 AM