2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wifi stupidity: "The signal level is low."
carric
post May 11 2004, 08:10 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,896

Ahh.. OK. Thanks much for the update Mickey.. I want to try OZ again, but I have not had the time to fiddle with it.. I have a new problem now though, where I can no longer read my CF card, which I will have to resolve first, since I can't seem to write to the SD card... what the hell did Sharp do to the 5600?? I loved my 5500 (I had crushed it in transit, unfortunately), but the 5600 has been a little disappointing so far.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
orthogonal
post May 23 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,808

Back again, same issue.

For a while, jdv's suggestion of
ifconfig eth0 down

worked fine, but using that command now causes the zaurus to hang -- it simply stops responding to any input and never updates the screen.

Also, attemptingm to disconnect via the wifi applet always gets me the "Network device is busy" messagebox.

So the only way to down the network is to remove the wifi card and reboot. And somethimes qpe will hang on its start-up screen, apparently looking for the missing wifi card.

I don't understand why ifconfig eth0 down hangs, the only thing I can think of mis that using kismet may have done something, but I've no idea how to fix this.

also, how can I get qpe not to ttry to start teh wifi connection on boot? (some .rc script?)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

+Quote Post
dlichterman
post Nov 28 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,932

Was there ever a fix to this stupid issue......? I really want to use my Zaurus more but cant when the wireless is flakey and needing reboots....

-Daniel

edit: I think my card is actually going bad.....the screen just went all wierd and blacked out and as soon as I pulled the card out it was fine ??????Im going to see if I can get a replacement

+Quote Post
totaln00b
post Jun 6 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,142

Is there any kind of workaround for this signal strength too low problem in cacko? I saw something in another post that appeared similar, only it was for opie- something to do with the zaurus expecting smaller length packets?

I have a dlink dcf 660W and this happens within minutes of getting online, which is pretty frustrating. At the moment it has locked up my zaurus completely, so I can't even tell you what dmesg says about it.

Aargh

Jo

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Jun 17 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(totaln00b @ Jun 6 2006, 10:36 AM)
I have a dlink dcf 660W and this happens within minutes of getting online, which is pretty frustrating. At the moment it has locked up my zaurus completely, so I can't even tell you what dmesg says about it.

Aargh

Jo

I am kind of coming in late here, but what does the SL5500 (with the sharp rom) do? Does it have the same problem?

Craig...

+Quote Post
charlesa
post Aug 2 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 2,967

QUOTE(totaln00b @ Jun 7 2006, 01:36 AM)

I have the same prob. Ref: http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20772

There is some dmesg stuff in there.

Still trying to fix it...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 04:28 PM