Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hentges & Socket Modem No Gateway?, Hentges rom modem oddities
jdralphs
post Aug 6 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 530

I pulled my SL5500 out a couple days ago after a year or so of non use and installed hentges 3.5.4.1 rom on it.

so far i'm having a lot of luck getting things running ... although some not as well as others, opera 7.55 is giving me grief however, i pulled my old socket cf modem out to try and get internet on it and when i went to the network settings, it tells me

CODE
/etc/resolv.conf is missing or can't be read.  Ask your system administrator to create it.

I continue with the setup and get the modem dialing but no IP is assigned to me after the connection has been made.

any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdralphs
post Aug 6 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 530

QUOTE(jdralphs @ Aug 6 2007, 12:57 AM)
I pulled my SL5500 out a couple days ago after a year or so of non use and installed hentges 3.5.4.1 rom on it.

so far i'm having a lot of luck getting things running ... although some not as well as others, opera 7.55 is giving me grief however, i pulled my old socket cf modem out to try and get internet on it and when i went to the network settings, it tells me

CODE
/etc/resolv.conf is missing or can't be read.  Ask your system administrator to create it.

I continue with the setup and get the modem dialing but no IP is assigned to me after the connection has been made. 

any ideas?

Fixed by copying my /etc/resolv.conf from my desktop to alfred (my collie Z).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 08:22 PM