> Thinking Of Getting An N800
ArchiMark
post May 6 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

QUOTE(rickh @ May 6 2007, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ May 2 2007, 01:16 PM)
...especially since I found the reality of being connected wirelessly everywhere really didn't work that way even in places where I thought I should be able to get connected....

Back home now...

Just curious, but what exactly were the problems? My experience has been quite positive WRT wireless access. In my experience it's been much more seemless than it ever was with the Zaurus.

R.
==

Didn't mean to give wrong impression, Rick, overall, N800 connects quite smoothly as you say....

However, I meant that in a few specific instances, for example, such as riding on BART in SF Bay area, it recognized WiFi network available but wouldn't connect always to it, one day it did and the next time it wouldn't...so was frustrated in that situation...

Again, N800 is very nice device but I think it has a more specific niche than a Zaurus...so if fulfills what you need/want it for, then great, otherwise, as for me, I found that after a week or two, I really wondered what I needed it for....

Again, this is just my take on it, YMMV...

wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chyang
post May 10 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Got my N800 for several days. I was pretty satisified with the device. Though the hardware side, only screen size/resolution and embedded camera/FM and internal RAM/Flash outperform my C3200, I do believe the software side is also a Win. The GUI is pretty beautiful and stable, I like the Opera with it, supports flash and more sites, also improves the responsiveness even with the low frequency CPU.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:15 AM