Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quasar Media Player Released For Sharprom And Pdaxrom
duo
post Jun 1 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,227

QUOTE(koan @ May 31 2010, 07:23 AM) *
The Edit menu has too much stuff on it, it takes up the whole screen!

The onscreen graphics shown with mplayer are rotated

Pic as example?

I know that one of the 1st things that i do i decrease the size of the font, to make things fit better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koan
post Jun 1 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 2,025

QUOTE(duo @ Jun 2 2010, 01:56 AM) *
Pic as example?

I know that one of the 1st things that i do i decrease the size of the font, to make things fit better.

Pics attached.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  menu.png ( 26.26K ) Number of downloads: 21
Attached File  main.png ( 46.17K ) Number of downloads: 21

+Quote Post
duo
post Jun 3 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #123

go to view=>decrease size

this will change the skin between modes (big, normal, small)

you can change the font sizes for these modes in the skin.ini file.

located @

/home/QtPalmtop/share/quasar/skins/default/skin.ini

-Duo

+Quote Post
koan
post Jun 4 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #124

Thanks, but that menu pulldown is generated using the system font. Changing the skin won't affect it. There are too many things on it!

+Quote Post
canguy247
post Jun 5 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #125

Member No.: 13,740

Any chance of a release for the Pandora?

+Quote Post
duo
post Jun 5 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #126

QUOTE(koan @ Jun 4 2010, 02:23 PM) *
Thanks, but that menu pulldown is generated using the system font. Changing the skin won't affect it. There are too many things on it!

If you change the size of the font, then it will shrink the menu items, and then they will not wrap.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jun 5 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 2,368

It seems ok on mine. While it is a little large I only click on it when I want to use the menu so it's not much of a problem.

Regarding the OSD with mplayer. Are you talking about while playing a movie? For me the osd comes up in the top left corner and is oriented correctly. Maybe that depends on the mplayer you have??
Attached File(s)
Attached File  scrn003.jpg ( 50.92K ) Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post
koan
post Jun 9 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #128

@duo

I don't want to change font size if I can help it; I chose that font because it's easy to read the languages I want to use. It seems I am not the only one using a slightly larger font as you can see from xamindar's screenshot. I humbly suggest that some of the items in the menu be grouped in a sub menu to make the menu shorter, e.g. the edit items.

@canguy

Source is available from evilJazz's website so you can compile it yourself.

@xamindar

I believe the OSD is generated by mplayer.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jun 9 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #129

Here is the mplayer that I use. I also attached the bvdd video driver as well in case it requires it. I think it did. This is for the c3X00 I believe. Let me know if any more dependencies are missing.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  mplayer_bvdd_iwmmxt_1.1.5_1_arm.ipk ( 2.91MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  bvdd_0.4.0_1_arm.ipk ( 9.02K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jun 19 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #130

Also, anyone who installs this package do not install the nightly autobuilds. They do not work Stick with uasarMediaPlayer_0.96_r193_r31-2010-03-28.ipk. I tried the newer builds from his website and they crash when I press play. Just a heads up.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jun 26 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #131

I'm not sure if eviljazz even checks this thread anymore but I'll post this bug anyway.

I tried to import a m3u playlist full of internet radio staions and all I got was a list of empty items. Nothing would play either. Here is a screenshot. If I add a station from the add as url menu it works but still has no title so if I have more than one there is no way to tell them apart. Would be nice to get this fixed so I can start using my internet radio stations in this player. (shoutcast changed their site again and broke the zaurus shoutcast player again. I don't think the auther of that program updates it anymore)

In the first picture there are about 20 streams in the playlist. No idea how to tell which is which.

The second picture just shows another issue where it will not load the complete album art. This happens with most my album art.

Oh well, no biggie though. It is still the best music player and movie player.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  scrn004.bmp ( 900.05K ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  scrn005.bmp ( 900.05K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
eviLjazz
post Jul 14 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #132

Member No.: 1,155

Whoah, this forum is still alive. smile.gif

QUOTE(xamindar @ Jun 19 2010, 11:05 PM) *
Also, anyone who installs this package do not install the nightly autobuilds. They do not work Stick with uasarMediaPlayer_0.96_r193_r31-2010-03-28.ipk. I tried the newer builds from his website and they crash when I press play. Just a heads up.

Yep, do not use the latest builds. I am currently rewriting most of the internal stuff. There was a bug introduced with the Qt 4 port which caused that particular crash. That should be gone by now. Anyway, better stick with the latest release and ignore the nightly builds for a while. There won't be any new features for a few more weeks.

QUOTE(xamindar @ Jun 26 2010, 02:32 AM) *
I'm not sure if eviljazz even checks this thread anymore but I'll post this bug anyway.

I tried to import a m3u playlist full of internet radio staions and all I got was a list of empty items. Nothing would play either. Here is a screenshot. If I add a station from the add as url menu it works but still has no title so if I have more than one there is no way to tell them apart. Would be nice to get this fixed so I can start using my internet radio stations in this player. (shoutcast changed their site again and broke the zaurus shoutcast player again. I don't think the auther of that program updates it anymore)

In the first picture there are about 20 streams in the playlist. No idea how to tell which is which.

The streaming feature is the neglected stepchild in the software right now. There is a related bug here: http://trac.katastrophos.net/quasar/ticket/14

QUOTE(xamindar @ Jun 26 2010, 02:32 AM) *
The second picture just shows another issue where it will not load the complete album art. This happens with most my album art.

That looks like a damaged JPEG or cached album art file. Could you try to delete the ~/.quasar/cache directory and see if that helps. Also, please check whether the downloaded cover art image got damaged somehow. Files downloaded with the integrated cover art downloader are located in the "00DownloadedCoverArt" subdirectory.

Btw, if you find more bugs please consider creating tickets over here. Thanks!

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jul 20 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #133

QUOTE(eviLjazz @ Jul 14 2010, 02:52 PM) *
That looks like a damaged JPEG or cached album art file. Could you try to delete the ~/.quasar/cache directory and see if that helps. Also, please check whether the downloaded cover art image got damaged somehow. Files downloaded with the integrated cover art downloader are located in the "00DownloadedCoverArt" subdirectory.

Btw, if you find more bugs please consider creating tickets over here. Thanks!

All my album art is in the id3 tags and I didn't have a ~/.quasar/cache directory. My best guess is that quasar can not handle album images over a certain size. I tried deleting the complete .quasar directory and creating a fresh playlist but the same thing happens every time.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:54 PM