OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oz On The Sl-3200, Can I go back to sharps rom?
Joshp
post Jan 22 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,875

Alright I have cacko installed right now, but I was thinking of installing OZ, and I was wondering if, after I install it. Can I go back to cacko with out much issues? I do have a nand backup. My main carcince is the fact that I have to change the partion table on the microdrive. So can I, go back if I wanted to?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jan 22 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Joshp @ Jan 23 2007, 11:02 AM)
Alright I have cacko installed right now, but I was thinking of installing OZ, and I was wondering if, after I install it.  Can I go back to cacko with out much issues?  I do have a nand backup.  My main carcince is the fact that I have to change the partion table on the microdrive.  So can I, go back if I wanted to?

of course you can go back. the partition table is not that difficult to restore, nor are the small files that are required to be placed on those partitions. in fact, those partitions aren't really needed, except that rc.rofilesys checks for them during boot. you can just remove those checks and not bother about the partitions and setup the partitions the way you like...

+Quote Post
Joshp
post Jan 22 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,875

QUOTE(Meanie @ Jan 22 2007, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE(Joshp @ Jan 23 2007, 11:02 AM)
Alright I have cacko installed right now, but I was thinking of installing OZ, and I was wondering if, after I install it.  Can I go back to cacko with out much issues?  I do have a nand backup.  My main carcince is the fact that I have to change the partion table on the microdrive.  So can I, go back if I wanted to?

of course you can go back. the partition table is not that difficult to restore, nor are the small files that are required to be placed on those partitions. in fact, those partitions aren't really needed, except that rc.rofilesys checks for them during boot. you can just remove those checks and not bother about the partitions and setup the partitions the way you like...

kk, thx, to think I used to know some of this stuff I havent touched my Z in about a year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 10:19 PM