Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions Regarding: Best SD Cards & Where to Buy
joebeaudoin
post Oct 16 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,762

While I'm running a badblocks scan on my 512 SD SanDisk card, I am currently looking for the best SD cards to get and where to get them at. I believe the 512 SD SanDisk card is good, and wish to keep that for other uses. What I'd really like to do, however, is get a SD card that is durable and can last through multiple read/writes: since I wish to use the SD as my / dir.

I've heard that Japanese made cards and Panasonic cards seem to hold up. However, other than that, I can't find really anything to indicate where I can:

a) find a reputable online (or offline) retailer to purchase cards from (at the best price possible), and
cool.gif what brand & make of card I should purchase.

If anyone could give me some direction, I'd really appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pixelFiend
post Dec 15 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,454

*bump*

I was wondering the same thing since I've found a lot of mention about some SD cards being really fragile when it comes to reading/writing multiple times. I too would like to, at least, install the majority of my apps to a large SD card that does not get removed, since I have a wireless CF card that will be taking up that slot most of the time. I have tried a no-name brand which I got very cheaply (and didn't exactly expect it to work), and a 512 Mb SanDisk and have been wondering about Lexar. As I understand it, I need to format the card as ext2 to install packages, but then I keep reading about how bad that is to do as it makes the card very unstable. So what is everyone doing and what works for you?

PF
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 12:30 AM