Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screensaver On The Slc3000, Screensaver on the 3000
bear426
post May 14 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,116

[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Anyone,

Curiously, is there a way of changing out the screensaver found on the 3000? As far as I can tell, the only one available and active is the one that shows the present date in black which flashes on a white background -- borrrrrring!!! It would be great if I could find other screensavers to use -- or if someone could guide me to a document or information where I could perhaps learn how to make one from say a photo or pic I have saved in the harddrive. I'm a complete novice though when it comes to using a Linux device. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Jennifer rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post May 14 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(bear426 @ May 15 2005, 12:03 PM)
[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Anyone,

Curiously, is there a way of changing out the screensaver found on the 3000?  As far as I can tell, the only one available and active is the one that shows the present date in black which flashes on a white background -- borrrrrring!!!  It would be great if I could find other screensavers to use -- or if someone could guide me to a document or information where I could perhaps learn how to make one from say a photo or pic I have saved in the harddrive.  I'm a complete novice though when it comes to using a Linux device.  Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.
Jennifer rolleyes.gif

sure you can change the screensaver. Just install LUSScreenSaver and you can have a marquee of your choice, fishtank or a slideshow or even a starfield simulation. there is a bit more details on my website.

+Quote Post
bear426
post May 15 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #3

sure you can change the screensaver. Just install LUSScreenSaver and you can have a marquee of your choice, fishtank or a slideshow or even a starfield simulation. there is a bit more details on my website.

Just curiously, where do I find LUSScreenSaver? Could you add the link to your response? Thank you. Jennifer

+Quote Post
JoP
post May 15 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,093

Here:
http://www.skill-engineering.com/zaurus/#LUS

The site is in japanese but you can see the files needed in Meanie's, I must say, GREAT site, for those with a C-1k or C-3k (thank you man, for sharing your experiences and work!! biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
Meanie
post May 16 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #5

I love the fishtank screensaver. it definately beats the default sharp one!

btw, I updated my website again smile.gif but I'll be off again tomorrow. gotta catch another plane now sad.gif

+Quote Post
bear426
post May 16 2005, 07:36 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(JoP @ May 15 2005, 12:17 PM)
Here:

The site is in japanese but you can see the files needed in Meanie's, I must say, GREAT site, for those with a C-1k or C-3k (thank you man, for sharing your experiences and work!!  biggrin.gif )

To Meanie:

Ditto to JoP's comments -- great job on your site and thanks for sharing your experiences and information -- very helpful. One thing though -- The only programs I found through Google are the screensaver programs. I couldn't find any of the others on your list which I picked out -- which are about 25. Do you know anywhere else I can find them?

+Quote Post
orange
post May 19 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,785

Hi thx for the nice tip I realy like LUS

But I did not find the password option you see on the screenshots anyone know how to enable that?
(I cant read japanese and google translation did not help)

thx orange

+Quote Post
Meanie
post May 20 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(orange @ May 19 2005, 09:20 PM)
Hi thx for the nice tip I realy like LUS

But I did not find the password option you see on the screenshots anyone know how to enable that?
(I cant read japanese and google translation did not help)

thx orange

you'll need LUSScreenSaverAuth_1.0.3-1_arm.ipk for the password.

+Quote Post
albertr
post May 20 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,195

Anyone knows if LUS can be configured to simply power off LCD controller? Apparently it knows how to do it from its taskbar applet, but can it be configured to do so automatically? Also, is there separate configuration options depending on whether mains power is connected? Sorry for many questions, I just can't read Japanese.
-albertr

+Quote Post
orange
post May 23 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 5,785

QUOTE(Meanie @ May 20 2005, 11:33 AM)
you'll need LUSScreenSaverAuth_1.0.3-1_arm.ipk for the password.

thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post May 25 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(bear426 @ May 17 2005, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE(JoP @ May 15 2005, 12:17 PM)
Here:

The site is in japanese but you can see the files needed in Meanie's, I must say, GREAT site, for those with a C-1k or C-3k (thank you man, for sharing your experiences and work!!  biggrin.gif )

To Meanie:

Ditto to JoP's comments -- great job on your site and thanks for sharing your experiences and information -- very helpful. One thing though -- The only programs I found through Google are the screensaver programs. I couldn't find any of the others on your list which I picked out -- which are about 25. Do you know anywhere else I can find them?

The ZUG feed was the source for most of the packages I used plus a few other. I will update my website soon and add more links to feeds in the Resource part.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:14 PM