OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stuffing Serial Bluetooth Module Inside C1k Casing, share your success stories ...
albertr
post Feb 27 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #166

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,195

Thanks for the information on heat dissipation! I'll try to replace the resistor with the smaller one and see if it can power up a wi-fi module without setting the Zaurus on fire wink.gif

As far as the driver goes, I think it should be possible to load/unload it, but remember to power off 5V OTG regulator before connecting to another host which supports its own power. That was done automatically in Sharp's driver, but I moved this part to userland utility. The clocks are turned off on un-loading the driver the same way as it's done in Sharp's.
Does anyone know how usbd drivers get loaded?
-albertr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
albertr
post Feb 27 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #167

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Feb 26 2006, 10:41 PM)
one thing i might mention because i am unsure if you nticed it but PORT 2 is MULTIPLEXED with the USB client port meaning you can have PORT 2 and client at the same time smile.gif

Yes, lines are multiplexed, so it's either client or host port2, but not both at the same time.
-albertr

+Quote Post
Tom61
post Feb 27 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #168

Member No.: 6,002

Cool! I was wondering if Sharp had brought out the second PXA270 USB port to somewhere easy to get to, and they did!

+Quote Post
bam
post Feb 27 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #169

Member No.: 7,306

would it be safe to say if a piece of hardware worked on one sub port it will work on the other in question?

+Quote Post
Reaper
post Feb 28 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #170

Member No.: 1,174

It's really cool you've made it that far. cool.gif I just haven't got two things:
1) What is the current version of your BT chipset that you've soldered? It would be nice to have 1.2 or even 2.0;

and

2) Is it technically possible (by overclocking and so on) to use any soldered BT chipset to reach true USB speeds like some Mbps? I'm interested in it because of the pretty usable audio profiles like A2DP and because of BT headphones that would be nice to connect to my C3k. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Feb 28 2006, 02:06 AM
Post #171

Member No.: 6,806

A2DP works with 1.0 (i have the logitech headphones) but linux support is in the early stages (only supports uLaw 16bit @ 44khz throgh a named pipe, the pipe being the problem)

i dont think i explained clearly with wy multiplex post, Cant PORT 2 be routed out the client pins or to its own pins, i seem to remeber that it had its own IO's for normal usage meaning that there might be another usb port on the board, this would allow you to have port 2 and client at the same time.

just found a nice tiny USB bluetooth dongle thats 14mm wide and 23 mm deep (without antenna, i plan to solder one on) in australia, teseting it now but lookslike i might need to load firmware into it

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Feb 28 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #172

just started doing some thinking and recalled that some new laptops had accelermoters in them, do you know where the i2c bus is, i was thinking i could plug one in then shake my pda to go to a random song or swing clockwise to go forward and anti clockwise to go back

wasent sure if you came across it, hope you did, then i could also park the HD heads on falling

[EDIT] SPI would be good as well but im not afraid of a little pic micro glue logic [/EDIT]

+Quote Post
albertr
post Feb 28 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #173

The bluetooth dongle used is the old revision of Billionton Class 2 USB dongle. It's bt spec 1.1 certified, has both UART and USB interfaces available and traced on PCB and supports CSR proprientary BCSP protocol which allows to get away without using hardware flow control in UART mode. More info is here:

http://www.iral.com/~albertr/billionton/

-albertr

+Quote Post
Tom61
post Feb 28 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #174

Member No.: 6,002

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Feb 28 2006, 10:15 AM)
just started doing some thinking and recalled that some new laptops had accelermoters in them, do you know where the i2c bus is, i was thinking i could plug one in then shake my pda to go to a random song or swing clockwise to go forward and anti clockwise to go back

wasent sure if you came across it, hope you did, then i could also park the HD heads on falling

[EDIT] SPI would be good as well but im not afraid of a little pic micro glue logic [/EDIT]

You might be interested in the old Itsy prototype. Itsy was a Compaq project to make PDA that could be replicated cheaply by hobbyists, and featured an accelerometer that was API accessible. I have a video of Doom being played on it by rocking it in the direction you wanted to move.

Wasn't there a recent patent (by Apple maybe?) patenting a gesture system clearly designed to be used by a device with an accelerometer? (It was covered by a news site)

You might see if you can find a USB gamepad that's small enough to be intergrated that uses an accelerometer. I have Sidewinder Freestyle Pro gamepad with one (very fun to use it with the included motorcycle game), however, it's far too large to be intergrated.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Feb 28 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #175

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(Tom61 @ Feb 28 2006, 08:29 PM)
You might see if you can find a USB gamepad that's small enough to be intergrated that uses an accelerometer.

check out opentom as the TT Go 500 and 700 have accelerometers in them for dead-reckoning (to deduce velocity changes during temporary GPS lock loss)... so that means there's already a driver and stuff.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Feb 28 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #176

Got the dongle working, it dosnt play nice with hubs, work great and is tiny!!!!! cant wait to put it in, will just have to wait till this weekend so i con sond off for the prototype SBC

+Quote Post
albertr
post Feb 28 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #177

Congrats! Is it BT or wi-fi dongle?
-albertr

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Mar 1 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #178

i meant on my PC, and its that tiny bluetooth one, its even smaller than the ones on your site (its a fraction larger than the usb connector, but as i said it goes inside my zaurus this weekend, i just have to send the prototype for my single board computer off to be manufactured and i might get the 1GB cxx00 RAM hack board done as well to save time and money, it should be easy to do now that all you need is a soldering iorn

+Quote Post
bam
post Mar 1 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #179

Member No.: 7,306

1Gb ram? O_o, all I want is 256Mb, that would be nice...smile.gif my bt dongle is going in next month(have to save for my microdrive replacement.

+Quote Post
adf
post Mar 1 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #180

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(bam @ Mar 1 2006, 08:33 PM)
1Gb ram? O_o, all I want is 256Mb, that would be nice...smile.gif my bt dongle is going in next month(have to save for my microdrive replacement.

What ever happened to bt/wifi/ram upgrade on the 3100? Anyone able? anyone done any of it?

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 03:14 AM