OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halt, Shutdown Etc.will Never Wake Up Pwr Button, a shutdown and never a normal start
klatt
post Oct 5 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,277

Hello all,

It seems whenever I do a halt or init 6 or anything like that to shut down the system it will never start back up when I hit the powerbutton. I always have to reset it which is a pain. I don't get it and this has happened over multiple pdaxrom installs. Any clues?

TIA,
Frank
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
diedwater
post Oct 5 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,189

it's normal, if u turn off the system, the only way u can turn it back up, is use the reset button.

+Quote Post
InSearchOf
post Oct 5 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,961

Yea... I believe that button (under batterycover) is just like a reset switch on a pc... and the actually on/off switch is almost like a mapped key to run an "apm" script/command... and if there is no juice going through the Z that button is dead... It is normal...

Late

+Quote Post
klatt
post Oct 5 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,277

QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Oct 5 2006, 10:46 AM)
Yea... I believe that button (under batterycover) is just like a reset switch on a pc... and the actually on/off switch is almost like a mapped key to run an "apm" script/command... and if there is no juice going through the Z that button is dead... It is normal...

Late

wow that sounds so strange to me ha....stinks that I have to reset the time every...time :-/

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Oct 5 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,219

With my C760 I could just remove the battery and reinsert it and the on/off button would work again.

When you hit the on/off buttom regularly the Z is actually in hybernation mode, that is why the Z power up again so quiclky after you hit the power button.

However when you "really" shutdown, the power is completely turned off and as InSearchOf mentioned there is no real power button to turn the Z back on.

IMHO there is no benefit in halting your Zaurus, there is a huge negative, the 2-3 minute boot time when it resets.

Stu

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 10:14 AM