Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photos Of The C3k Disassembled
akpoff
post Sep 17 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

I've posted photos of my C3k as I took it apart a while back. I've finally moved the project from back burner to fully baked. With all the good discussions going on about hardware mods it seemed like a good time to post them. smile.gif

I've posted two albums. The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

The second gallery is a series of close-up shots of the motherboard. I tried to capture every part of the motherboard, front and back, to give hardware hackers a quick reference to the C3k without having to open their Z every other day. To that end I've erred on the side of brightening and extra sharpening. If any of the images are hard to use, let me know. I have the originals and can either post a new one with different adjustments, or really blow one up. At the time I wasn't in the mood to tear apart the LCD. If the need arises I may tackle that next.

The images are released under a Creative Commons license for non-commercial use. Feel free to pull them down local or mirror them.

Aaron
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Sep 18 2005, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,806

i think its a good idea to start documenting anything we find on the board, there are a lot of test points that could be handy and sockets that are unused for example the u shapped fan of pins under the microdrive or the cluster of 9 square pads.

this infomation could be handy for upgrading the memorey/flash or to add bluetooth. i should really break out the ossciloscope

will post links to parts soon (i have a japanesse site that details the infomation)

+Quote Post
someonehoi
post Sep 18 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,977

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Sep 18 2005, 10:58 AM)
i think its a good idea to start documenting anything we find on the board, there are a lot of test points that could be handy and sockets that are unused for example the u shapped fan of pins under the microdrive or the cluster of 9 square pads.

this infomation could be handy for upgrading the memorey/flash or to add bluetooth. i should really break out the ossciloscope

will post links to parts soon (i have a japanesse site that details the infomation)

i have decomposed the LCD parts.
Beware that the LCD's "flat cables" are very soft and quite hard to replug them.

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Sep 20 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,806

have to agree with you there, broke a tab off the side of one of the connectors sad.gif but it still works. did you get pictures?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 28 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(akpoff @ Sep 17 2005, 07:02 PM)
I've posted two albums.  The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

website seems to have disappeared sad.gif

+Quote Post
akpoff
post Sep 28 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Sep 28 2005, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE(akpoff @ Sep 17 2005, 07:02 PM)
I've posted two albums.  The first is a series of images and (some) stepwise instructions for dissassembling the C3k.

website seems to have disappeared sad.gif

Can you try it again? I just hit it from home and it worked fine. Email or PM me if you're still having troubles hitting it.

Thanks,

Aaron

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Sep 29 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #7

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

it's fine now.. excellent and very interesting photos. When you see it all dismantled, you realise there's a lot of stuff packed into a tiny space!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 04:14 AM