OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Install Debian On Your Zaurus (obsolete), ** pls refer to the pinned threads instead **
tux
post Nov 1 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 346

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 1 2007, 09:19 PM) *
Not only this, I agree with 2or0 that some of the packages and the scripts in the after installation tarball (now 1.1 smile.gif ) are not suitable for the Angstrom kernels. And his X server is no longer Angstrom's as well. So YMMV.
Sorry for the confusion caused so far, because my 3200 is running the yonggun kernel so there is no way for me to check how the same things may work for the Angstrom kernel. I just started out naively presuming that it's the same, but that seems not to be the case.
If it turns out that the script works somehow or need some modification, please do!
Posting to the OESF wiki now ...

cool.gif After BigZ's flirtation with cortez-debian, we got thrown out by the partitioner refusing to work, I'm back using Q17. I'm using the poky 2.6.21 kernel and modules. The only glitch is, seems to be true for angstrom kernels too, is that I couldn't use the poky updater.sh. It didn't recognise my model (3200). So I used the updater.sh from bigbridge. smile.gif

I'm into the 2nd script. By the way, with this kernel+module set, the eth2 bit doesn't work. What happens is that wlan0 works in the interfaces file but eth0 gets a mention at boot up! I also had to blacklist hostap before I could get a wifi connection working. smile.gif So there is a diversion from the normal run there.

When the 2nd script begins to run the applieddata repository comes up with error messages and 404s. I'll comment that line out of sources.list for now. The gnuab repository seems to be very alive! biggrin.gif

I'm going to hold off on trying to run a gui until I'm sure that everything else is working as per the advertisements! laugh.gif In particular the touchscreen stuff. rolleyes.gif

Yesterday, after interfering with your scripts, I did get to a gui. But there was no response to the screen, even though the libs and apps you mention were present. I'm trying to be a very good boy and let your scripts run without my interference. cool.gif I'll get a drink of tea and go for a walk after the 2nd script stops and I reboot. I'll post later on when I've tried a few experimental uses of the system. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Nov 1 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #182

Member No.: 6,477

QUOTE(tux @ Nov 1 2007, 10:55 PM) *
Yesterday, after interfering with your scripts, I did get to a gui. But there was no response to the screen, even though the libs and apps you mention were present. I'm trying to be a very good boy and let your scripts run without my interference. cool.gif I'll get a drink of tea and go for a walk after the 2nd script stops and I reboot. I'll post later on when I've tried a few experimental uses of the system. biggrin.gif

i've the same problem smile.gif
to suceed i have to:

1- edit /root/.profile
and change TSLIB_DEVICE with /dev/input/touchscreen0
(or try /dev/input/event1)

2- edit /etc/ts.conf
and comment the line module_raw corgi

3- if you use the 0827 rootfs :
update-rc.d -f xads.sh remove

this worked for me right now smile.gif

+Quote Post
tux
post Nov 1 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #183

QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Nov 1 2007, 10:16 PM) *
QUOTE(tux @ Nov 1 2007, 10:55 PM) *

i've the same problem smile.gif
to suceed i have to:

1- edit /root/.profile
and change TSLIB_DEVICE with /dev/input/touchscreen0
(or try /dev/input/event1)

2- edit /etc/ts.conf
and comment the line module_raw corgi

3- if you use the 0827 rootfs :
update-rc.d -f xads.sh remove

this worked for me right now smile.gif

cool.gif Thanks for those tips jpmatrix. I'll probably need them tomorrow. rolleyes.gif For tonight, what do I do with my empty fstab? Yes, I will look at the fstab on the hitachi I swapped out. But does anyone have some good tweaks for that file? I just stopped myself from doing a dist-upgrade. Does it break things?

By the way apart from the empty fstab, I also get a message about a non-empty exim4 paniclog and I saw some messages about mplayer having problems with its install.

I'll try the fix flag... smile.gif

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Nov 1 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #184

QUOTE(tux @ Nov 1 2007, 11:27 PM) *
For tonight, what do I do with my empty fstab? Yes, I will look at the fstab on the hitachi I swapped out. But does anyone have some good tweaks for that file?

here is one:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/card auto defaults,sync,noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

QUOTE(tux @ Nov 1 2007, 11:27 PM) *
I just stopped myself from doing a dist-upgrade. Does it break things?

it should not
just do another dist-upgrade next time

+Quote Post
tux
post Nov 1 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #185

cool.gif So my fstab now contains:

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0

When I rebooted the swap was activated, the filesystem check jumped in and fsck was run manually. Booting is now completing and the hardware clock appears to be saving time between boots!

I must put the ssh server on before I start messing with the gui... smile.gif

Why was the fstab empty? because the rootfs is generic? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Vitel
post Nov 1 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #186

Member No.: 9,703

Hi All,

I've tried to install Debian using this manual on my C1000:
Q20: I am using a C1x00, and I want to use kernel 2.6.22.9 yonggun with uboot. How can I install Debian EABI on SD?
and now I can't turn my Z on huh.gif

First of all, as far as I understand, there are two mispints in the kernel version:
a. "use kernel 2.6.22.9 yonggun".
b. kernel.img.2.6.23.1.cpufreq-fastfpe.sd in the Kernel installation.
I didn't find any of the versions above and used the following one described in the Q7:
kernel.img-2.6.23.1-yonggun-eabi-cpufreq-hda1 (compatibility with C1000 is to be verified)

So, I performed all steps 1-7, when the kernel has been flashed, Z displayed some text indicating that it's going to reboot. I hold '1' button, Z has turned off...

Now I can't turn it on, I can't even get into DM menu (holding D+M when connecting AC). Moreover, the orange led is not highlighted when I attach AC power. Therefore I suspect that I've got hardware troubles ohmy.gif

Is there any way to resuscitate my Z?

+Quote Post
python
post Nov 1 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #187

Member No.: 20,876

QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Nov 2 2007, 12:31 AM) *
i've sound working ! .... but only on headphones...... when i plug/unplug it seems something is happening but the zaurus speaker is dead quite ...... any idea.?

Got everything working fine except the sound on the speaker.

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Nov 1 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #188

QUOTE(python @ Nov 2 2007, 04:04 AM) *
i've sound working ! .... but only on headphones...... when i plug/unplug it seems something is happening but the zaurus speaker is dead quite ...... any idea.?

so i'm not the only one !
which zaurus model do you own ?

+Quote Post
python
post Nov 1 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #189

QUOTE(jpmatrix @ Nov 2 2007, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE(python @ Nov 2 2007, 04:04 AM) *

so i'm not the only one !
which zaurus model do you own ?

I am using C3200. I follow yonggun instruction on his website. I dunno if he has the same problem with us?

+Quote Post
python
post Nov 1 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #190

By the way, have you guys tried installing altboot after u got your Debian EABI working with uboot? I dun quite like the fact that i always need to press the "2" key while doing a reboot? Or is there anyway that i can edit uboot configuration such that it can show a boot menu instead of booting directly from the Nand flash?

+Quote Post
Unx
post Nov 1 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #191

Member No.: 20,884

I want to ask where I can download the 2.6.21 Angstrom kernel for c760?
I want to give a shot to debian...
thx a lot!

+Quote Post
2or0
post Nov 1 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #192

Member No.: 3,590

QUOTE(Vitel @ Nov 1 2007, 04:03 PM) *
Hi All,

Q20: I am using a C1x00, and I want to use kernel 2.6.22.9 yonggun with uboot. How can I install Debian EABI on SD?

First of all, as far as I understand, there are two mispints in the kernel version:
I didn't find any of the versions above and used the following one described in the Q7:
kernel.img-2.6.23.1-yonggun-eabi-cpufreq-hda1 (compatibility with C1000 is to be verified)

So, I performed all steps 1-7, when the kernel has been flashed, Z displayed some text indicating that it's going to reboot. I hold '1' button, Z has turned off...

Now I can't turn it on, I can't even get into DM menu (holding D+M when connecting AC). Moreover, the orange led is not highlighted when I attach AC power. Therefore I suspect that I've got hardware troubles ohmy.gif

I am sorry that I hear you. For kernel 2.6.22.9, it is verified to work on C1000, but nobody has reported yet whether kernel 2.6.23.1 works or not on C1000.

Did you try to press Fn+D+M to get into Service mode? or OK+Power to uboot?

+Quote Post
Vitel
post Nov 2 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #193

Member No.: 9,703

QUOTE(2or0 @ Nov 1 2007, 11:59 PM) *
Did you try to press Fn+D+M to get into Service mode? or OK+Power to uboot?

Thanks for your reply. I've tried to hold D+M (but not Fn+D+M) while attaching AC (with the battery ejected) and OK+Power (with the battery inserted). I'll try Fn+D+M this evening.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Nov 2 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #194

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(Vitel @ Nov 2 2007, 01:03 AM) *
Hi All,

Very sorry for the confusion. I was concentrating on Q16-19 most of the time and left out Q20 and that's why I sticked "remains to be tested" there.
Can you try the 2.6.22.9 yonggun kernel instead? http://yonggun.tistory.com/53 (kernel.img.2.6.22.9.cpufreq-fastfpe.sd )
2or0 mentioned that it works on C1000.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Nov 2 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #195

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(2or0 @ Nov 1 2007, 02:56 PM) *
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Nov 1 2007, 05:16 AM) *
In xev, they don't seem to map to any keycode or keysym.

Try it again without xbindkeys in the memory or remap the keys using xbindkeys-config.

I killed the running xbindkeys, and then installed x-yonggun and the two x-server packages, and now right click key binding works. Thanks!

This post has been edited by ZDevil: Nov 2 2007, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:25 PM