OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Mounted A 2 Gig Sd Card!, Surprise, it's possible! :)
merli
post Jan 24 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,008

As I said ... there are only binary modules for 2.4.18 kernel :-). No 2.4.20 so Cxx00 series wont work. They should recmpile their module also for 2.4.20 kernel ... Anyone can ask them to do it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
merli
post Jan 24 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,008

As I said ... there are only binary modules for 2.4.18 kernel :-). No 2.4.20 so Cxx00 series wont work. They should recmpile their module also for 2.4.20 kernel ... Anyone can ask them to do it?

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 24 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 8,821

Can anyone translate this:
Linux Zaurus direction user's manual (instruction manual) Renewal 2004/10/22 (Ver1.0)(PDF:1,105KB)

http://www.c-guys.net/cgi-bin/download/dow...product=link11b

I tried google to convert it to html, but google couldn't access the PDF to convert it. If google can convert it, then I could use google to translate it.

Jon

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Jan 24 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,027

QUOTE(merli @ Jan 24 2006, 04:33 PM)
As I said ... there are only binary modules for 2.4.18 kernel :-). No 2.4.20  so Cxx00 series wont work. They should recmpile their module also for 2.4.20 kernel ... Anyone can ask them to do it?

oh :-( I initially thought my Z would run a 2.4.18, but you are right, it's 2.4.20. So no chance it seems... at least not yet.

daniel

+Quote Post
mk500
post Jan 24 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 421

DrWowe: This is AMAZING!

Any chance you could try reading/writing some files to your 2GB card and give us a sense of the speed? One of the problems with the old driver is that every SD card was put into MMC mode -- I believe -- and that made the cards much slower.

+Quote Post
craigtyson
post Jan 24 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,698

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 24 2006, 02:46 PM)
Can anyone translate this:
Linux Zaurus direction user's manual (instruction manual) Renewal 2004/10/22 (Ver1.0)(PDF:1,105KB)

http://www.c-guys.net/cgi-bin/download/dow...product=link11b

I tried google to convert it to html, but google couldn't access the PDF to convert it. If google can convert it, then I could use google to translate it.

Jon

open it in acrobat copy and past the text into a htmldoc and post it somewhere (here could be one place) point google at the url and it will xlate. OR past the text into google to translate directly

Page 2 -->"-2- specification and price of main product of note ・ depending upon the improvement and the like of the product without notice is a る thing which is modified. シイガイズ (Inc.) has owned the copyright of this manual of the ・, no permission reprinting is prohibited. In regard to the contents of this manual of the ・, without notice there are times when it modifies. Also the cost which in addition is required for repair vis-a-vis the damage which occurs due to the use of the product which is stated in this manual and this manual of the ・, includes, our company or the store do not owe all responsibility. In regard to the contents of this manual of the ・, be a doubtful point and the like the better cod, to our company support center please communicate. Main product of the ・ is the Japanese domestic specification model, is overseas Japan and our company or the store do not owe all responsibility concerning the result due to use. In addition, support or guarantee in the foreign country for this product have not gone. When main product of the ・ being cancelled, following to the regulations of the local self-governing body, processing, the occasion where it is the く. Correspondence to the condemned pulling taking has not done. ・ Zaurus is the registered trade mark of SHARP. As for ・ Linux, it is registered trade mark or the trade mark in the United States and other countries of Linus Torvalds. The ・ in addition, trade name and the company name etc. which are stated in this manual are trade mark or registered trade mark of each company generally. ・ Bluetooth, is the registered trade mark of United States Bluetooth SIG and Inc.."

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 24 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 8,821

Here is a very rough translation in RTF format. I have a text format, but it is harder to read than this RTF file. I broke it up by page numbers, which are at the end of each (paragraph, or group of text).

Jon
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SD_Link.rtf ( 53.19K ) Number of downloads: 166

+Quote Post
jagrka
post Jan 24 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,006

Horray! I'm now using my Transcend 2GB SD card. Thanks for making this discovery!

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post Jan 25 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,468

Who is going to buy the 4 gig card and see if it works? smile.gif

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/Main...l&item=CPM10325

+Quote Post
corecoder
post Jan 25 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,067

I noticed a problem. It was a critical issue for me.
Can someone verify? If you suspend, the card becomes unstable. I tried to copy a file to the card after a suspend/resume and ended up with IO errors. It happend with either the 1GB or the 2GB ( I would suspect with any other) and with vfat and worse with ext2.
If you create an ext2 filesystem and you suspend/resume the card disapears although it shows as mounted using the mount command.
I tried messing with the sdiomgr and sdio scripts. Didn't work.

C860 with orignal sharp ROM.

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post Jan 25 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(corecoder @ Jan 25 2006, 01:06 PM)
If you create an ext2 filesystem and you suspend/resume the card disapears although it shows as mounted using the mount command.

This is because the sdiomgr script tries to pass vfat specific mount options, and the ext2 code rejects it and fails. (run dmesg and you can see this)

I fixed by removing all the mount options except for async from the script.

+Quote Post
jagrka
post Jan 25 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 2,006

I noticed the same problem. Mine is formated FAT16. I determined that the problem was related to fastload applications on the SD card, which made it so that the SD card could not be unmounted during a suspend (the disk is in use error prevents the successful unmount). My calendar app and zten (which accessed dictionaries on the SD card) were set to fastload. Once I turned off fastload for these, I did not have the suspend/resume problem anymore.
If DrWowe was able to fix this by editing the sdiomgr script, could he post his edited script here? I would like to test it on my system.

+Quote Post
corecoder
post Jan 26 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,067

So anything linking to the card will cause this I guess. I have some PSC catalogs linked to the card.
And Pocket Workstation is going to be a problem. Runs great though. Its a little slower, but not much.
I'll try to fiddle with the scripts again.

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post Jan 26 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(jagrka @ Jan 25 2006, 06:28 PM)
If DrWowe was able to fix this by editing the sdiomgr script, could he post his edited script here? I would like to test it on my system.

I literally just edited one line. It's the one that sets a shell variable with a bunch of mount options.

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post Jan 28 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 781

- Interesting. This implies just anyone with the right know-how could replace the sharp sd card driver and enable larger SD card usage, and perhaps SDIO-like capability.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 02:08 AM