Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sound In Opie (sl3200), Sound not working
webo
post Dec 30 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,568

Hi, its been suddenly when the soundsystem has stopped working. I don't know if it was after an upgrade, but the thing is that it doesnt work. I've tried mplayer with -ao parameter (all available) and put the volume up using opie volume applet and alsamixer (command-line). Before, screen touches were played and also keystrokes (if options selected).

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks everyone wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
webo
post Dec 30 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #2

I found what's happening. I opened alsamixer and pressing right arrow about 10 times, at the end of the menu there was an option: Speaker which i turned on and strated the sound. When i use OpiePlayer for listening a mp3, despite it works, the volume controls (both OpiePlayer and opie volume applet) are lame. The only one that works is alsamixer. Is there any way to configure this in such a way that volume controls work? for instance configuring opie to use alsa, so when i change volume optiones in opie volume applet, they work.

Thank you in advance

PD: i guess the sound stopped working in first instance when i opened alsamixer the first time

+Quote Post
ofels
post Dec 30 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(webo @ Dec 30 2006, 05:39 PM)
Hi, its been suddenly when the soundsystem has stopped working. I don't know if it was after an upgrade, but the thing is that it doesnt work. I've tried mplayer with -ao parameter (all available) and put the volume up using opie volume applet and alsamixer (command-line). Before, screen touches were played and also keystrokes (if options selected).

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks everyone wink.gif

My problem is slightly different- I only get the right channel to play on the headphone with alsamixer not curing the problem.
The internal speaker does not play anything.

If anybody has any clues I'd be glad to know about them.

Oliver

+Quote Post
webo
post Dec 30 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #4

There are a lot of options in alsamixer. Test them all if you havent wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2014 - 01:27 AM