Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Japanese On Cacko 1.23 For C3100 App Crashes
aaaweez
post Sep 27 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,101

There have been at least two posters besides myself who had problems restoring japanese support to cacko 1.23. I posted some of my investigation in the pinned "Cacko Rom 1.23 With Full Japanese Language Support" topic, but I was hoping to get a few more eyeballs, so I am posting this here.

Ater restoring japanese support, changing input mode to japanese in most apps causes the apps to instantly disappear (crash). I have tried running the apps from ssh prompts, and with strace, but so far, I have not found anything to help me (not to say I didn't miss something in the extensive strace output). Using the handwriting method appears to work without crashing apps. I can handwrite something in japanese, and then google search for it using netfront for example. it is only if I try to use a keyboard which would change the input language that causes problems.

Relating to the instructions posted in the pinned topic mentioned above there are several points of interest:
* The extra zip file with libs from rokugo is no longer available. I am not sure if there is something in there that would help this issue.
* One of the ipks (japanese_help I believe) failed to install. Do we care? The busybox ipkg binary isn't very functional, so I have not yet been able to look inside these ipks to see what could be wrong.

That is all i can think of at the moment. if anyone knows anything, i would love to hear it.

Thank you,
John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moku
post Sep 29 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,255

I would also be interested to hear thoughts and solutions regarding this. If anyone has any please respond.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 02:23 AM