OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zaurus Sets Off Detector!, Library detector goes off every time...
T3_slider
post Feb 10 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,449

Well, I just got a Z (C3200) and am extremely happy with it. However, it has one very annoying quality. Every time (well, the vast vast majority of the time, anyway) I walk through the book detectors in a library that check for the tag in books it goes off. This happened very infrequently (ie once every 50 times or so) before I got my Z (I narrowed it down to either my phone, which can be on or off, or my Palm Tungsten T3, which was always off). But it happens about 90% of the time now, and so every time I want to leave the library I have to get someone from the staff to hand me my Zaurus after I walk through.

This may not be a huge problem to some people, but I'm a university student and I have to leave the library 2-4 times a day (which is VERY annoying when the alarm keeps going off). The Zaurus has been on suspend and fully turned off (ie "shutdown -h now" in pdaXrom) and it set off the alarm each time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do (other than build a Faraday cage - lol)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Feb 10 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

yup! I use to experience that problem with my other Zaurus. I now have a c-3200 and have not experienced it yet. I do worry because it is really embarrassing.

+Quote Post
T3_slider
post Feb 10 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,449

QUOTE(Cresho)
I now have a c-3200 and have not experienced it yet.

Strange -- I have a C3200 and it does set off the detector. I guess I got unlucky.

+Quote Post
radiochickenwax
post Feb 10 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,548

QUOTE(T3_slider @ Feb 10 2007, 07:40 PM)
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do (other than build a Faraday cage - lol)?

Wouldn't any metallic casing constitute a Faraday cage? For the record, this hasn't happened to me with my 3200 yet though. Only had it about two weeks though.

+Quote Post
Snappy
post Feb 11 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,633

I have a C1000 and so far have not had such incidents ... yet! wink.gif

Maybe someone left a tag in your Z? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 02:09 AM