Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted: 6000l, New or used for reasonable price
simeonbeta2
post Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,217

I'm in Modesto California in the USA and trying to aquire an SL-6000L. I don't currently have any pda/laptop/handheld so this would be my primary portable system. I really want something that runs linux (btw, what do Zaurus people think about the Nokia 770?) and has a VGA screen. The 6000 seems like it fits my needs well...

I'm having trouble finding one at a semi-reasonable price: SDG Systems still wants 799 for a new one and right now a guy on Craigslist wants $800 for new-in-box models (has 2 available: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/sys/99943907.html) I would like to pay less biggrin.gif , but ebay seems to only have 1 model a month or so and I'm getting impatient!

I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560, so am willing to pay reasonable price for good condition 6000. Somewhere between $400-$550 seems fair to me, depending on condition. I prefer to pay with paypal or will do cash if you are in my area and can swap face to face.

Also if anybody has pointers to online merchants w/ better pricing feel free to reply as well...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mars
post Sep 29 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,881

QUOTE(simeonbeta2 @ Sep 29 2005, 05:34 PM)
I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560,

Where were you when I sold my SL6000L on ebay recently. It went for $400. smile.gif

If you don't need the unique features of the 6000 (mainly internal 80211.b, portrait orientation, rugged and outdoor viewing) you might want to consider one of the clamshell models which have a landscape VGA screen, much nicer keyboard and are smaller.

For example, the CL-1000 goes for about $450 on pricejapan. I purchased my 860 from them and was amazed at how quickly it arrived from Japan to the states.

You could also consider a used CL-860 (if you don't need USB host right now). I haven't checked, but with newer better clamshells out, you might be able to get one for a decent price. The 860 is probably the most supported in terms of alternate distributions/roms.

- mars

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Sep 30 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,794

I don't blame you for wanting one. I love mine! I'm not selling mine, but there is another on ebay. (Current bid is $.99.) Just search for SL-6000L. Hope you can get the bid this time.

+Quote Post
simeonbeta2
post Oct 2 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,217

QUOTE(the_oak @ Sep 30 2005, 06:04 PM)
I don't blame you for wanting one. I love mine! I'm not selling mine, but there is another on ebay. (Current bid is $.99.) Just search for SL-6000L. Hope you can get the bid this time.

Thanks for the heads up. Just when I'm giving up on Ebay, there are a bunch out there... I'm high bidder for the one you mentioned (steer clear people, this one's all mine biggrin.gif ) but now there are 3 others as well:this one is new in the box, currently at $56, this one has a buy it now price at $500 for the impatient and finally the craigslist guy from los gatos is putting his new in box 6000L on ebay and stil hoping to get $800 for it... Not gonna happen I suspect ...

+Quote Post
smooth
post Oct 24 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,677

QUOTE(simeonbeta2 @ Oct 3 2005, 03:17 AM)
QUOTE(the_oak @ Sep 30 2005, 06:04 PM)

Thanks for the heads up. Just when I'm giving up on Ebay, there are a bunch out there... I'm high bidder for the one you mentioned (steer clear people, this one's all mine biggrin.gif ) but now there are 3 others as well:this one is new in the box, currently at $56, this one has a buy it now price at $500 for the impatient and finally the craigslist guy from los gatos is putting his new in box 6000L on ebay and stil hoping to get $800 for it... Not gonna happen I suspect ...

Did you manage to obtain one? I live down in Orange County and would consider selling my 6000L. I haven't used it for more than 20 hours--probably just enough to show curious friends that PDAs can run linux. But I found out I don't need or want to lug a PDA around. Let me know if you'd like mine and I will provide pictures and details.

+Quote Post
yuckymucky
post Oct 24 2005, 08:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE(smooth @ Oct 24 2005, 12:34 AM)
Did you manage to obtain one? I live down in Orange County and would consider selling my 6000L. I haven't used it for more than 20 hours--probably just enough to show curious friends that PDAs can run linux. But I found out I don't need or want to lug a PDA around. Let me know if you'd like mine and I will provide pictures and details.

How much are you looking to get for yours? I have been looking for one for a while and I would be interested in it.

+Quote Post
awkemacs
post Nov 4 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,750

QUOTE(simeonbeta2 @ Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM)
I'm in Modesto California in the USA and trying to aquire an SL-6000L.  I don't currently have any pda/laptop/handheld so this would be my primary portable system.  I really want something that runs linux (btw, what do Zaurus people think about the Nokia 770?) and has a VGA screen.  The 6000 seems like it fits my needs well...

I'm having trouble finding one at a semi-reasonable price: SDG Systems still wants 799 for a new one and right now a guy on Craigslist wants $800 for new-in-box models (has 2 available: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/sys/99943907.html)  I would like to pay less  biggrin.gif , but ebay seems to only have 1 model a month or so and I'm getting impatient!

I was just sniped out of a 6000L on ebay that I had high bid on at $560, so am willing to pay reasonable price for good condition 6000. Somewhere between $400-$550 seems fair to me, depending on condition.  I prefer to pay with paypal or will do cash if you are in my area and can swap face to face.

Also if anybody has pointers to online merchants w/ better pricing feel free to reply as well...

See my post in this forum: email me @ awkemacs@yahoo.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 08:33 PM