IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SuSe 9.0 vs 8.0
post Jan 13 2004, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Is the connection document for SUSE 8.0 the same thing to follow in 9.0? All I have read on USB in my manual says that all I have to do is plug in a USB device and if it is supported (like my camera) an icon will appear on the desktop.

I am using the Qtopia desktop and when I put my zaurus in the craddle and hit the synch button it beeps a lot but qtopia won't find it.

The usb IP addys are the same on the Z and the system, but there's no talking going on.

SUSE is my first Linux OS and I really like it and I've been able to get everything to work except the z synch, but I haven't had to modify files or run scripts either.

:?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
baboan
post Jan 13 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,394

BTW I wasn't logged in when I posted this

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jan 13 2004, 02:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Yes, it should be the same (if not easier) with 9.0... I actually just upgraded my desktop at home to 9.0, but haven't yet tried connectivity with the zaurus.

Best of luck!

+Quote Post
baboan
post Jan 16 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,394

I followed the directions in the UFAQs for SUSE 8.0 and then under the settings tab I went into the security icon and set the sync from network to 'Any.' Then in QT File->Settings->General->Connection I set it to USB and entered the IP of the Z.

I know this might sound like childs play to the experts, but I knew none of these steps until I sat down and refused to get up until I had it working.

Now to change ROMS...

+Quote Post
post Jan 30 2004, 08:44 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

I have SuSE 9.0 working nice and have written a HowTo. It is available at my site under the ZSREP(Zaurus Synchronization Reverse Engineering Project). In the files section. Here is a link hope you like. http://www.cyph.org/files/?project_id=2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2014 - 06:18 PM