5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whats Needs To Be Fixed?
corky
post May 29 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

QUOTE(speculatrix @ May 29 2007, 11:54 AM)
can I propose deleting all inactive logins - those who've made less than 10 posts AND not within the last 365 days?

Alot of people only browse and don't post or rarely post. I would suggest anyone who has not visited the forum in the last xxx amount of time. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InSearchOf
post May 29 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #17

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE(corky @ May 29 2007, 01:21 PM)
can I propose deleting all inactive logins - those who've made less than 10 posts AND not within the last 365 days?

Alot of people only browse and don't post or rarely post. I would suggest anyone who has not visited the forum in the last xxx amount of time. wink.gif

I think that is speculatrix specified "AND" and not "or"

But that does seen like a good idea... but I wouldnt know how great of an performance boost we would get from it...

Late

+Quote Post
dz
post May 29 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #18

~

Member No.: 1,667

I dont know that we'd get any performance boosts from deleting those logins, but I'll look into it. The problem with this is that accounts in IPB are linked so horribly in the database.

When I was working on the elsi, I looked into linking accounts from the elsi to the forums. It was ridiculously overcomplicated and I'm sure the only reason it was done so was so the programmers could keep their jobs, heh.

I'll see what I can do though. My first priority is getting this attachments thing fixed.

+Quote Post
dougeeebear
post May 29 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,959

I have to disagree with this.
I think there are users who for one reason or another have gotten away from their zaurus, and have picked it up at a later time, possibly over a year later.
Even if they are inactive for awhile, many of them come back or are at least viewing the forum.
I would hate to think that if I didn't post for a year my account would be deleted.

+Quote Post
sdjf
post May 29 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 8,551

I agree with dougeeebear. I'll take the slowdown rather than delete bona fide members, making them have to go through having to sign up all over again. It would be an insult to say they are no longer members, and unfair to make them wait and struggle all over with the registration process. Someone else could even steal their aliases and that would NOT be cool...in fact it would be very confusing.

My two cents.

sdjf

+Quote Post
InSearchOf
post May 29 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 8,961

Agree'd

Late

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post May 29 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,149

some very good points and I stand corrected.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post May 29 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,575

Sounds like a good idea to me.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post May 30 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ May 30 2007, 03:04 AM)
Sounds like a good idea to me.

what does?

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post May 30 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 10,575

I rather posted without thinking. I was agreeing with deleting members, but I didn't think about the points that have since been brought up. It is indeed a bad idea.

+Quote Post
tux
post Jun 14 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 346

Hi dz,

rolleyes.gif Just a little niggle about 'fixing' the themes link. You certainly fixed the link on the OESF page, but the link on th ZUG page is still untouched. I mean the page you get by typing www.zaurususergroup.org as the URL. sad.gif

Also on that page is a link to many downloads, including many 5500 roms. The newer model owners are also being deprived of 'English' Intellisync software. As I've said before many other sites link to there but the downloads page does not work.

In your messages you say you don't have the 'old' files. sad.gif

Does anybody among the admin group? Surely the files were transferred during the upgrade? Or at least archived/backed up? unsure.gif

cool.gif Would it be possible to re-arrange the forums so that the site specific ones were the first thing that people saw? This would bring problems to everyones attention promptly. I think this would help in quickly producing solutions. biggrin.gif

For example, Holovector's request for sources of some of the files that are 'missing' would have a more obvious home at the top of the forum in the Site Specific Forum, don't you think?

Thanks for what you have done so far, please keep on trucking!!

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jun 16 2007, 05:43 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 4

God, I hate that I haven't been on in ages. Work is just all consuming now and it will just get worse as I may be moving to India for a year...

I will get dz access to everything I have (which should be everything), but we also need help with the sites.

I would like to hand over 'ownership' of the sites so they can be better maintained, but I would only do this with a select few people that have been here for years. I'll PM them to see if there is interest.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jun 16 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Jun 16 2007, 02:43 PM)
God, I hate that I haven't been on in ages.  Work is just all consuming now and it will just get worse as I may be moving to India for a year...

I will get dz access to everything I have (which should be everything), but we also need help with the sites.

I would like to hand over 'ownership' of the sites so they can be better maintained, but I would only do this with a select few people that have been here for years.  I'll PM them to see if there is interest.

good luck with your career, I hope it works out. Thanks for having started up the community, and thanks for trying to hand it over to reliable people.

+Quote Post
adf
post Jun 16 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 4,572

Agreed, thanks for seting up the sites-without 'em I'd have given up on the Z long ago-and good luck with the career. India makes an interesting offroad vehicle or two, if I recall correctly. wink.gif

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jun 17 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 4

I by no means started the community... it was around long before I bought my first 5500. I simply tried to help out where ever I could.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:42 PM